Skip to main content

The Love for Three Oranges Blog


WRITE A REVIEW: You just saw The Love for Three Oranges with Opera Philadelphia. We'd love to know what you thought! Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found on page 44 in your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more. 
With both options we ask that you include your:
             FIRST NAME:
             SCHOOL:
             GRADE:
You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward to reading your entry! Happy writing.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
My name is Zoe, I am in seventh grade at Saint Mary Interparochial School. Walking into The Love of Three Oranges, I did not expect anymore than a boring school trip. When I actually saw the play however, it was very entertaining. I appreciated the English subtitles, and really enjoyed the action in it. The voices of the singers were beautiful, and you could hear them in every corner of the theater. The only recommendation I have was to work more on Truffaldino's costume, which in my opinion could have been a bit more detailed and bouncy. Other than that, the play was amazing, and I would recommend it to any opera fan.
Anonymous said…
My name is Maren, and I am from St. Mary Interparochial School and I’m in seventh grade. Just recently the seventh and eight grade took a trip to the Academy of Music to see the Opera, The Love for Three Oranges. I thought that the show was really cute and funny. I learned about all the different kinds of voices(during the Intermission, I wanted to watch the whole thing). I appreciated that it was in English, but I thought that maybe you could put the screen for the subtitles lower so that people don’t have to keep “nodding” to look at both the show and the screen. I liked how passionate the man was before the show, explaining all of the hard work it took for you guys. I didn’t like how Truffaldino’s costume didn’t have more of a ‘bounce’ to it. But overall I did love the costumes. I think you guys did a great job, and I’m excited to go to the Opera next year too.
Anonymous said…
Patrick
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

Recently, my class went to the Love of Three Oranges. The comedic opera was very entertaining but it was low energy. I appreciated that it was in english and had subtitles but I found that I was using the subtitles not because they were singing to fast but because they were not singing loud enough. If you go to the opera you should sit in the front otherwise you might not hear them. I thought the scene of the card game was extremely difficult to understand and would be much clearer if they used actually playing cards. I am not a fan of opera over all but this opera was very funny and if you go to see it you will not regret going.
Anonymous said…
Sofia Rouco
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

My class and I attended the Oprah. I think the Oprah had a beautiful setting but I think it was hard to follow and understand. The chandelier in the Academy of Music is beautiful, I also think intermission was the perfect amount of time. I couldn’t understand anything the people were saying and I had to look u at the subtitles, but since I was looking up at the subtitles most of the time I couldn’t watch most of the show. I appreciate that the Oprah was in english. I didn’t like how the plot was confusing and how it was very hard to follow along. I think I’d rather sit further up and back because that way it might be easier for me to see the subtitles and the show. I also had trouble seeing because this man was blocking my view.


Anonymous said…
Patrick
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

Recently, my class went to the Love of Three Oranges. The comedic opera was very entertaining but it was low energy. I appreciated that it was in English and had subtitles but I found that I was using the subtitles not because they were singing to fast but because they were not singing loud enough. If you go to the opera you should sit in the front otherwise you might not hear them. I thought the scene of the card game was extremely difficult to understand and would be much clearer if they used actually playing cards. I am not a fan of opera over all but this opera was very funny and if you go to see it you will not regret going.
Anonymous said…
Michael
Saint Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

I recently went to see The Love for Three Oranges with my friends. I appreciated that the opera was in english with english subtitles because it was easy to follow. I did not like the opera because it had a confusing storyline and wasn’t as funny as I thought a comedy would be. I liked the oddballs. I did not like our seats and would rather sit in the balcony because I had to keep looking up at the subtitles. The subtitles were very small and high up so it was difficult to follow the opera and read at the same time. Overall, I liked the opera but not the Love for Three oranges.
Anonymous said…
Sasha
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

I recently went to see the love of three oranges opera at the Academy of Music. Opera is not really my cup of tea but I kinda enjoined it. I appreciate the subtitles during the opera. I didn't really appreciate the story line it was very confusing. I disliked the set very much there was no major set changes. I liked the long intermission. I learned that i am not a fan of the opera.
Anonymous said…
Malaika
Saint Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

Recently, I went with my class to see the Love for Three Oranges at The Academy of Music. I liked the play very much though I probably would not have understood it without the captions. I thought that it was very funny how the prince was cursed and fell in love with oranges! I think the intermission was quite long. Also, I appreciate that there were captions even though it was in English because it was hard to understand. I think that the costumes and props were really cool. One of my favorite parts was when the magician and Fata Morgana came out of those doors with the smoke. It looked really cool!
Anonymous said…
Ciela Ermilio
Saint Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

I went to see the three oranges opera with my school Saint Marys Interparochial School. I have never been to an opera, so this was very interesting. It was in English and a little hard to understand. They had subtitles but still was hard to hear the words. I think that happens in all operas, but as I said, I have never been to an opera. Besides the English part, I enjoyed the show itself because of the story line. It had a lot of drama and a few comedy parts, yet the story was very interesting, I mean who could fall in love with three oranges? I would really recommend seeing this show for people who have never been to an opera and are looking for something funny, dramatic, and romantic.
Anonymous said…
Ciela Ermilio
Saint Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

I went to see the three oranges opera with my school Saint Marys Interparochial School. I have never been to an opera, so this was very interesting. It was in English and a little hard to understand. They had subtitles but still was hard to hear the words. I think that happens in all operas, but as I said, I have never been to an opera. Besides the English part, I enjoyed the show itself because of the storyline. It had a lot of drama and a few comedy parts, yet the story was very interesting, I mean who could fall in love with three oranges? I would really recommend seeing this show for people who have never been to an opera and are looking for something funny, dramatic, and romantic.
Anonymous said…
Samantha
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7
Hello, recently my school took my class and another class to see “The Love For Three Oranges”. I thought the opera was good but the story was a little confusing for me. Though it was confusing, it was still interesting to look at and the bits of comedy made me chuckle. I did appreciate the cook character, set design, costumes, that it was in English, and the subtitles in case you couldn’t understand. Even though I am not an opera person, I thought it was cool for the actor to be able to sing every line loud enough for the whole theater to hear. Personally, I didn’t like how you could see backstage, it kind of spoiled the opera experience for me. Another comment I want to make is that being a kid the kissing scene went on a little too long. Over all I would recommend for some but not all.
Anonymous said…
Isabelle
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

On Wednesday we went to see the Love of Three Oranges opera and I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. I had never been to an opera so it was a new experience for me. I liked the fact that it was in English, but they also had the subtitles because without the subtitles, I think I would have been completely lost. The characters were funny and at times I got confused, but then understood after a few minutes. I loved the humor and the drama and I can’t really think of something I didn’t like about the show. I loved the costumes and the characters’ personalities. Overall, I think it was a great show and I give it a 4 and a half stars out of 5.
Anonymous said…
Samantha
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7
Hello, recently my school took my class and another class to see “The Love For Three Oranges”. I thought the opera was good but the story was a little confusing for me. Though it was confusing, it was still interesting to look at and the bits of comedy made me chuckle. I did appreciate the cook character, set design, costumes, that it was in English, and the subtitles in case you couldn’t understand. Even though I am not an opera person, I thought it was cool for the actor to be able to sing every line loud enough for the whole theater to hear. Personally, I didn’t like how you could see backstage, it kind of spoiled the opera experience for me. Another comment I want to make is that being a kid the kissing scene went on a little too long. Over all I would recommend for some but not all.
Anonymous said…
Madison
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

My school and I recently went to see the opera called “The Love for Three Oranges”. My thoughts about the play is that it had a very interesting plot line. However, if you didn’t read a synopsis about the opera beforehand, the plot line would be a bit hard to understand. I also enjoyed the costumes they wore and the set that they made for the performance. In addition to that, I liked how it was in English and that it had subtitles in case it was still hard to understand. Also, I liked how the “The Love for Three Oranges” had bits of comedy in their script that made me laugh from time to time and made the play even more intriguing. I personally learned that the opera is not my cup of tea when it comes to entertainment but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Anonymous said…
Luciano
St Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7th

Love of the three oranges. I think the opera was very confusing but great acting and singing. It is like if you watch a movie with 3 different combined. My favorite part is when the oranges were introduced. I learned that you did not have to be a good actor just a good singer. I appreciated that we got to go i liked a lot and glad we got to go for free. I did not like the fact that it was a show with in a show and the people on the side. Besides the confusion it was really good and you can easily tell that they spend a lot of time on it. I personally had a great experience
Anonymous said…
Lindsay
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

On Wednesday, the seventh and eighth grade classes in my school saw The Love for Three Oranges at the Academy of Music. The overall storyline of the opera, in my opinion, could have been slightly better fulfilled. Some parts didn’t make a lot of sense, and I think if the opera was just forty five minutes longer they could have given more detail in some scenes. Like the part about Fata Morgana and the king’s evil niece, I wish their plans had been better explained. However, I do love that in a way they were breaking the fourth wall by having some actors play people watching the story unfold, like when they gave water to the prince in the desert. On that topic, I also enjoyed how the whole time the spectators were arguing about the type of story they wanted it to be. The visuals were amazing, the costumes, the oranges; and the three princesses inside the oranges looked incredible, as did all the costumes. I always use subtitles when watching television, so I loved that they were included at the top of the screen. Without them, I wouldn’t have understood what anyone was saying. Everyone had incredible voices that you could tell was opera in an instant, and though I was near the front, I imagine their voices carried to the very back. I was a little disappointed that the other two orange princesses were barely on the stage, maybe including them more later in the story instead of killing them off in a matter of five minutes. The intermission was longer than it should have been in my opinion, but I like that the second act ended in a slight cliffhanger than would have to wait until after the intermission. The story ended in a pretty expected way, something overused in every Disney movie and plenty others. Overall, I enjoyed The Love for Three Oranges but I felt some things could have been changed for the better.
Anonymous said…
Anaia
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at the Academy of Music I went to see The Love For Three Oranges with my school. For my first time, (going to an opera) I thought the Opera was amazing. I liked it so much because there was a variety of difference types of opera in one (romance, tragedy, comedy, and pure ridiculousness). I learned that the singers have to project their voices very far, and hold it for long notes so everyone can hear it. I appreciated that most of it was in English and that there were subtitles at the top of the stage. I also appreciated the long intermission because it gave people enough time to get themselves situated (use the bathroom, check their phones etc.). I liked it when the cook laid glowing eggs. I disliked how fast the story line went I had to look at information pamphlet multiple times and I missed some of the funny parts. I personally enjoyed The Love for Three Oranges Opera.
Anonymous said…
Anaia
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at the Academy of Music I went to see The Love For Three Oranges with my school. For my first time, (going to an opera) I thought the Opera was amazing. I liked it so much because there was a variety of difference types of opera in one (romance, tragedy, comedy, and pure ridiculousness). I learned that the singers have to project their voices very far, and hold it for long notes so everyone can hear it. I appreciated that most of it was in English and that there were subtitles at the top of the stage. I also appreciated the long intermission because it gave people enough time to get themselves situated (use the bathroom, check their phones etc.). I liked it when the cook laid glowing eggs. I disliked how fast the story line went I had to look at information pamphlet multiple times and I missed some of the funny parts. I personally enjoyed The Love for Three Oranges Opera.
Anonymous said…
Dami Charrafi
St. Mary Interparochial School

On Wednesday, September 18, I saw the Oprah “The Love of Three Oranges” with my school. I did like the Oprah but I was confused with the story-line because so many things were happening at one time. I thought it was a good experience to see my first Oprah younger and I was happy it was in English too. I really loved all the costumes and I thought The Cooks costume was hilarious but I didn't expect it would be any kind of bird at all. Thank you to all the people that contributed to our school who let us go for free and I hope we can again.
Jaiden said…
A few days ago my school went to go see The Love of Three Oranges. I did not like the opera because it was very confusing in my opinion. I was very confused about the plot and without the subtitles, I could not understand what the singers were saying. I appreciated that the opera did have subtitles and that it was in English. I did not like the genre of the opera because it is not something I would normally like. I also liked the costumes and set of the opera. Besides my opinion on the opera, my experience was great and the opera was nice.
Anonymous said…
Sienna
St. Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7

On Wednesday, September 18th 2019 I saw The Love of Three Oranges.This was my first time seeing an opera. I think it was a very good opera, but operas are not for me. I felt like it went very quickly. I was kind of confused by what was going on, but I liked that there were subtitles. I think that it would have been much harder to understand the opera if it was in another language, so I was glad it was in English. I would recommend operas to people that like singing with loud music.
Anonymous said…
Ryan Smith
St. Marys Interparochial school
Grade 7

So my class went to the Oprah the love of the three oranges and i didn’t really like it. It was super long i know other Oprah are longer but we that was in my opinion was one of the longest. It was super confusing also i didn’t understand the costumes or the random flags and I didn't think that most of the characters did an important part . At the end of the play an actor had a standing ovation and no one actually knew what he did in the play and I was really confused on why it happened. I didn’t understand the words that they were saying and they used subtitles but they where after each word was said.
Anonymous said…
I recently saw the Love for Three Oranges with my school. I thought it was okay. It was a little hard to follow, but I got it. I learned that hypochondria made the victim feel the pains without them being real. I didn't appreciate the villains getting away in the end, but it's opera, what do you expect, a happy ending? I did not like my seat because someone taller that me was sitting in front of me and I couldn't say anything.
Anonymous said…
I recently saw the Love for Three Oranges with my school. I thought it was okay. It was a little hard to follow, but I got it. I learned that hypochondria made the victim feel the pains without them being real. I didn't appreciate the villains getting away in the end, but it's opera, what do you expect, a happy ending? I did not like my seat because someone taller that me was sitting in front of me and I couldn't say anything.
Anonymous said…
Anthony
St. Mary Intrporocial school
Grade 7


My class and I attended the Oprah The Love of Three Oranges this week. I am not really intrigued by Opras in general but this was not as boring as I thought. It was very action packed with many actors that are really good at what they do. I liked the plot of the oprah. The show was compedic and funny. I liked the cooks costume because it made me laugh. I liked the background. I am looking forward to next years opera.
Anonymous said…
Bella
Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8

The Love for Three Oranges was very interesting. I think the plot line was really creative, and didn't bore me. It was well written and the performers showed a lot of emotion throughout the opera.
Unknown said…
Adriana
St Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7th


I recently watched For the love of three oranges and I did not enjoy it very much. Since the subtitles were at the top of the stage you had to keep looking up and down which made my neck hurt. I also thought the chairs weren't very comfortable considering how long the show was. Furthermore, The concept of the show was hard to follow. I also didn't understand the flags that were involved in the show and the American flag at the end because the show didn't take place in America. I learned that oprea may not be something I enjoy. additionally, I appreciated the props/ sets I also liked the costumes. To conclude I dislike how you could see it backstage I think took the magic away from the show seeing everyone walk around backstage.
Unknown said…
Adriana
St Mary Interparochial School
Grade 7th


I recently watched For the love of three oranges and I did not enjoy it very much. Since the subtitles were at the top of the stage you had to keep looking up and down which made my neck hurt. I also thought the chairs weren't very comfortable considering how long the show was. Furthermore, The concept of the show was hard to follow. I also didn't understand the flags that were involved in the show and the American flag at the end because the show didn't take place in America. I learned that oprea may not be something I enjoy. additionally, I appreciated the props/ sets I also liked the costumes. To conclude I dislike how you could see it backstage I think took the magic away from the show seeing everyone walk around backstage.
Anonymous said…
May Ann Nweje
Lawrence middle school
8th grade
Unknown said…
First Name: Elyanna
Last Name: Jurado
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 7
Unknown said…
i really liked it was incredible it the music, the singing, the sets, the costumes, the props, the acting it was all so amazing i loved it I would definitely go back again.
Anonymous said…
Anna
Lawrence Middle School
Grade 8

I liked the opera because I liked the costumes that they had and how the characters seemed real. I also liked how it was funny.
Unknown said…
Areebah Bhatti
Grade 8
Lawrence Middle school
I thought that the opera was very good and it was a very fun experience and I would definitely recommend that people go.
Unknown said…
First Name: Martha
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8th

To start off, I enjoyed the opera. The sets and costumes were absolutely phenomenal, and they really made me enjoy the show that much more. The music was also incredible and very positively contributed to the performance. It made each scene feel much more real. I also enjoyed the fact that there were parts of the performance that were funny, which made it more understandable and exciting for younger viewers. Overall, am very glad that I decided to attend the opera because it was an unbelievable and very memorable experience.
Unknown said…
My name is Vanessa from Lawrence Middle School. I am in 7th grade. I really enjoyed the opera and I really hope to see one again.
Unknown said…
Christine
8th Grade
Lawrence Middle School

The Love on Three Oranges is a really extravigant play. The actors have really good vocals like Truffadino, and the oranges. The props and the sets of the play was really well made, with good details and reality to them. The story plot was one you don't see everyday but also really good to see. Overall the actors did amazing with the acting especially with their facial expressions. The music also matched the story making it dramatic or soft when needed. I really enjoyed watching The Love Of Three Oranges.

Anonymous said…
First Name: Cheyenne Harris
School: LMS
Grade: 8

I really liked the opera. I thought it was good and I would watch it again. The setting was very cool and the singing and acting was good too.
Anonymous said…
First Name: Javier Jurado
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8
I liked the battle of the 2 people playing card and the chickens. I didn't like how I couldn't see the whole stage because one of the pillars.Other than that it was very good.
Anonymous said…
My name is Maria McKinley I go to Lawrenceville Middle School and im in 8th grade. I liked the opera. I wish we had better seats so we could see the words on top. I liked the set design and costumes they were really good. They should make a play because it would be interesting and I would be able to hear the words they are saying.
Amy Daniela Hernandez Montepeque said…
I really enjoyed the opera. It was very well done.
Unknown said…
My conclusion is it was a very fun opera, But I think it would be a better play
Unknown said…
Deena
Lawrence Middle School
8th grade
I think that the performance was very good but some people weren't that clear to understand. I think Clarissa was the most clear. It was hard to enjoy the play if I had to read the subtitles and the crowed laughed or something important happened but that is something I cannot fix. Overall the opera was fine.
Anonymous said…
Joella Adongo Grade 8

I can't say that I loved it but I loved Ninetta. I also think that you couldn't really hear or understand what some of the actors were saying. I also think that it would have been better if some of the opera singers could just talk sometimes instead of singing all the time. Overall I can't say that I enjoyed it because I actually fell asleep for the last half. So But I hope the opera is a success even though it isn't my favorite.
Unknown said…
After watching "The Love Of Three Oranges", I have been introduced to the world of opera. The music was absolutely astonishing, and I enjoyed watching the play unfold and the mystery being revealed. I was so honored to be able to visit the opera of philadelphia.
Unknown said…
Ruhi
Lawrence Middle School
Grade 7
I thought the sets and props were really cool. The story was also good. It had a little bit of everything.
Unknown said…
Julia, Lawrence Middle School, 8th Grade

The thing I loved the most about the opera was the set. It really pulled everything together. I loved that the animals on the background moved and that Chelio and Fata Morgana came out through the set as if it was a door. The fact that the set was functional made it amazing. Another thing that I liked was the simplicity of the background when the Prince and Truffaldino were in the airplane. It was super cool that you could see where they were on a map by a shadow of a paper airplane. Overall I just thought it was very cool visually.
Anonymous said…
Name: Julia
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8
I had a very fun time going to see Opera Philadelphia's take on "The Love for Three Oranges". I am very greatful that I was luck enough to see it. I think that all of the singing was very good and the set was very simple but in a good way. I also liked how there was the words on the screen at the top of the stage so I would be able to know what was going on. I think that the story was different but in a good way. I liked it because it was unique and I had never even heard of anything like that before. The costume and set design were very different but like the rest of the show, I liked how it was different. I am very glad that I got the opportunity too see this opera because I know I will never get an experience like this one ever again.
Unknown said…
I quite enjoyed the opera! Even though it was a dress rehearsal, the actors were all very professional. Although many people barely use their voice for a dress rehearsal, the opera singers went all out to help us enjoy the show. The opera was not like what I imagined. Whenever I heard the word opera, I could only think of Phantom of the Opera. However, there were some points where I laughed. It was also good that there were captions. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have been able to understand what the people were singing and I could’ve missed some funny parts.
The bathrooms were also quite nice. Before the opera started, a friend and I went to the bathrooms, and it was pretty. There was a painting there, and all of the appliances were nicely decorated. When I got back, I told my other friends, and they all went to the bathroom during intermission to check out the bathroom themselves. The Love for Three Oranges was a great opera, and I will definitely recommend the Philadelphia theatre to people who love opera!
Trinity said…
Trinity
Lawrence Middle school
I loved the costumes and the voices of the actors.But what I didn't like was that we could see backstage. Other than that the opera was great.
Magdalena Lawrence Middle School 7th Grade said…
I really enjoyed the opera, but in my opinion, the costumes, sets, and voices were the best parts of it. The plot was great and I loved the Tragics, Comics, Romantics, Idiotics, and Oddballs. I was really impressed with how high and low people could sing. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family. It is really worth seeing. Before I saw it, I didn't think I was going to understand the plot, but reading the synopsis before-hand helped, and the supe-titles helped a lot. My favorite set piece was when the airplane projection and bird projection was on the map. That was really cool. My favorite part of the show was the cook and her ladle. The cook was also my favorite role. I plan on coming Opera Philadelphia next year to see the next opera.
Anonymous said…
Name: Gladys
School:Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8

I really enjoyed the opera! I loved the costumes that the actors used and makeup. I always think how do these people sing so loud in front of a bunch of people without microphones? That is impressive. The theater is so nice, it is so pretty and the chairs were comfortable. One improvement for you guys is to not show backstage from the seats you can see the costumes all the way in the back. But overall this trip was so amazing! I hope to see another opera! Thank You!
Unknown said…
My name is Anjali S, I am in 8th grade, and I go to Lawrence Middle School. I really loved the opera experience. The sets, props, and costumes were made well, and they didn't take to much away from the actual singing and acting. My favorite part was during the party, when the ensemble came out dressed in their silly costumes. The actors and their voices expressed exactly what they were meant to, whether it was sadness, pain, love, or being afraid. I really enjoyed this opera and would definitely recommend it to others!
Unknown said…
Kroosh Patel Grade 7 Lawrence Middle School

This was my first opera and I was blown away by the amount of time the singers hold out their voice! I thought it was pretty cool to a dress rehearsal that looked this good(you also did it without stopping). The seating, the place, the interior itself was amazing. I liked how you put lots of gold around the seating area which made this theater look very extravagant. The sets were very creative on how you stage crew changes the map so it shows another place indicating travel. Another thing is I like how you made the shadow of an airplane appear and made it move around to different locations which I also thought was creative. The way the characters acted was breath taking. the way it acted had bit of an emotional impact on me. My final thing I have to say is whoever picked the background music they are a genius! It really set the mood when something bad was happening. I was literally on the edge of my seat. Well that's all I have to say. This opera will be recommended to my friends and family. Thank you for letting us be there and I hope you all have successful shows.
Sonia M. said…
Hello my name is Sonia M. and I go to Lawrence Middle School, grade 8. I found the Opera to be amazing and I truly enjoyed it very much. My seats were amazing and the parts I couldn't understand what the performers were saying, the words were conveniently above the actors. Also I really thought the actors and the scene really brought the story together. I believe that the backgrounds and story flowed very smoothly and I was intrigued to find out what happened next. In conclusion this opera is the best opera I have ever seen.
Anonymous said…
I am malachi Stoudemire attend lawrence middle school. I liked everything about this play. I like that percussion had its own section and every thing was well organized.(Also i am in percusion so they did great) I also liked that you guys had an intermission. I know that it's an opera, but I would love more talking, less singing. That is all. IT WAS AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE THOUGH. great job
Anonymous said…
Name: Heba
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8
I really enjoyed the opera. I liked how the costumes and props were very nice, colorful, and breathtaking. I would really enjoy to see a other operas with a different story. What I was impressed was that there was captions and I could understand what the actress were saying but the negative thing about it is that whenever I looked up at the captions I always miss something in what is happening in the scene so I would like to caption to be a lit bit lower and also as the poles that are in front of the seats to be remove so people can have a better view of the wonderful scene. But overall I loved the show and the details put into it such as the makeup and I am grateful for this opportunity because in the future I don't think I will find another performs such as this. Thank You
Unknown said…
First name: Tamara
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 7th grade
In my opinion I thought the opera was not that interesting to me because I didn't like how it was hard to understand the singers. The sets also could've been more colorful and the story could've been a bit more interesting. Despite this, I have to say that the singers are very talented and I didn't enjoy the singing because I don't like songs that are sung in soprano and super low voices. The costumes were interesting and the choreography was great. I really enjoyed the gymnastics that was incorporated into the show. I was relieved that there was a screen with the lyrics so that I could understand the story.The theatre was very nice and the seats were pretty comfortable.I would still recommend this show to people who like opera even though I didn't enjoy it that much. I think it is a great show for opera-lovers and I am glad that I was able to go!
Unknown said…
First name: Rthikha
School: Lawrence Middle School
Grade: 8th

I was really amazed by the set design. It was super intricate and there were lots of moving parts. For example, the map being a curtain was so innovative, and when the animals on the scene started moving I was shocked. The actors were beyond talented, and I loved all the different choreography. The gymnastics was super entertaining. Overall, I had a great time.
Anonymous said…
Nate
Lawrenceville Middle School
Grade 8

I thought the voices and acting were wonderful and the set and opera house were breath taking. The voices might have been a bit hard to understand but thanks to the subtitles I could read what they were saying when I got lost. This comedic opera was one I highly recommend to all and would love to see again. The actors made this situation very relatable and hilarious. The costumes accented the characters even more. There would be nothing I would change about this opera. The seats and opera house made the opera even more enjoyable by making it comfortable and spacious throughout the opera while the opera house took you on an adventure back in time to see what it looked like back then.Again I would highly recommend this opera and would love to see it again.
Anonymous said…
Christian Pawar
Lawrenceville New Jersey
Grade 8
I attended the LOve of three Oranges and I like the lighting and the singing because everything mixed well and sounded like a high class opera. The one thing I had a problem with was that some of the pillars were in the way so I'm assuming for a few other that was a problem. But other than that it was great
Unknown said…
Siara
Lawrenceville Middle school
Grade 8


I have never been to an opera before. So I thought I would not like it but after it was finished I loved the opera the performers did an amazing job on the show.
Anonymous said…
Joel
Lms
Grade 7

I loved the love of three oranges because the actors and songs were good.that was my first time at a opera and I had fun. I would love to come back and take my family with me
Anonymous said…
Ben
LMS
Grade 8

I thought the voices and acting were wonderful and the set and opera house were breath taking. The voices might have been a bit hard to understand but thanks to the subtitles I could read what they were saying when I got lost. This comedic opera was one I highly recommend to all and would love to see again. The seats and opera house made the opera even more enjoyable by making it comfortable and spacious throughout the opera while the opera house took you on an adventure back in time to see what it looked like back then.Again I would highly recommend this opera and would love to see it again.
Anonymous said…
Ben
LMS
Grade 8

The actors made this situation very relatable and hilarious. The costumes accented the characters even more. There would be nothing I would change about this opera. The seats and opera house made the opera even more enjoyable by making it comfortable and spacious throughout the opera while the opera house took you on an adventure back in time to see what it looked like back then.Again I would highly recommend this opera and would love to see it again.
Anonymous said…
Siara
Lawrence Middle School
Grade 8

I was not sure when I first heard about the opera I was going to like it. But after I went and saw the Opera It was amazing the cast did an amazing job and so did the band play great. I hope to see another oprea soon.
Anonymous said…
Jaiveer
lawrence middle school
grade 8
I liked the opera because of the comedy and the singing. As well as the comic timing. I also liked how clean the singing was in the entire opera.
Anonymous said…
Adam
Lawrence Middle School
8th grade

I thought the set design was really amazing with the moving parts and detail. Like how the Map moved and the Background of the map. The acting was amazing and I thought the music was amazing as well. I loved going and i had a great time.
Unknown said…
Kiki
Lawrence Middle School
8th grade

I thought the set the design was good except I did not like how I could see the back of the sets and the lights. The acting was good, but the captions were too high up to watch the opera and read the captions. You guy should put mini captions in front of every four people.
Anonymous said…
omar
lawrence middle school
8th grade
i liked the effects and the smoke and i liked the caritavity in the map and i had a great time there
Anonymous said…
Eli lehrfeld Lawrence Middle School grade 7
I really liked the set design and the way they introduce some charters like when the bad lady who I forgot her named came out of the side with the smoke. I also liked the part were the flew around with the map and the bird. I had a good time going and it was fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Carmen Blog

WRITE A REVIEW:   Having had the opportunity to see  Carmen  at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.  With  both options  we ask that you include your:               FIRST NAME:              SCHOOL:              GRADE: You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.  ...

Tosca Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Puccini's Tosca on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at the Academy of Music. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera? Why or why not? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? Who was your favorite singer? Which singer had the best and most im pressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and grade in your post. Don't forget to support your opinion! Click here if you want to learn more about these operas, the singers in the production, and more! Messag e from the Production Staff: We want to thank all participating schools for their wonderful behavior during the dress rehearsal! You were the best Co-Producers the Opera Company of Philadelphia has ever seen! A...

Otello Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Verdi's Otello on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at the Academy of Music. Inspired by Shakespeare, Otello tells the story of a slave who overcomes great obstacles to become a noble general, but is then driven to unspeakable jealousy by a scheming, envious officer in his army. Passion, political intrigue and a fatal flaw are at the center of this intense musical drama that stands at the pinnacle of grand opera experiences. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera and why? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? What did you think of Mark Delavan, who sang Iago from a wheelchair? Who had the best and most impressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and ...