Choose one of the following options:
OPTION 1: WRITE A REVIEW: Having had the opportunity to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.
OPTION 2: THE EMOTION OF OPERA: How did coming to the opera make you feel? Choose three emotions and explain your reasoning for each.
OPTION 1: WRITE A REVIEW: Having had the opportunity to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.
OPTION 2: THE EMOTION OF OPERA: How did coming to the opera make you feel? Choose three emotions and explain your reasoning for each.
With both options we ask that you include your:
FIRST NAME:
SCHOOL:
GRADE:
You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.
Steven Humes
Opera Philadelphia
Education Manager

Comments
CCTS
9th Grade
THE EMOTION OF OPERA
Watching this opera made me feel tired, confused and a little scared. The singing was nice, it made me sleepy. The words were hard to understand though so I didn’t really know what was going on though. It also kind of scared me because the lady was having sex with a donkey.
Camden County Technical school
Grade 12
The emotion of the opera was excited or on your toes experiencing the love triangle throughout the opera. My first emotion was excited i like philly opera’s and they’re always good when i go.
My second emotion was intrigued it kept me on the edge of my seat and it never got boring.
My third emotion amazed the seating and the stage was very nice.
Camden County Technical school
Grade 12
The emotion of the opera was excited or on your toes experiencing the love triangle throughout the opera. My first emotion was excited i like philly opera’s and they’re always good when i go.
My second emotion was intrigued it kept me on the edge of my seat and it never got boring.
My third emotion amazed the seating and the stage was very nice.
Camden County Technical school
Grade 12
The emotion of the opera was excited or on your toes experiencing the love triangle throughout the opera. My first emotion was excited i like philly opera’s and they’re always good when i go.
My second emotion was intrigued it kept me on the edge of my seat and it never got boring.
My third emotion amazed the seating and the stage was very nice.
Camden County Technical School
Grade 10
Option 2
Coming to the opera made me feel excited, inspired, and joyful. Throughout the whole day I was very excited to see the show. Afterwards I was left with inspiration and joy. Since the show was good and enjoyable, I left in a good mood that lasted throughout the remainder of the day. I was also left inspired by the casts’ talent and the set to go out and create my own art. In conclusion, A Midsummer Night’s Dream left me with feelings of inspiration, excitement, and joy.
Camden County Technical School
10th grade
Philadelphia Opera - Midsummer Night’s Dream
A Midsummer Night’s Dream was an opera we saw at the Philadelphia Metropolitan Opera House. I thought the music to the show was strange and the plot was even stranger. It seemed to be an opera that wanted to be different than other operas. I personally enjoyed the performance of the show even though I didn’t really enjoy the plot nor the music. The vocalists were amazing as always and the ending with the fake wall scene was extremely funny, but this opera seemed to be a better play since the music written for the show wasn’t as “dreamlike” as I expected.
SCHOOL:ccts
GRADE:10th
Coming to the opera made every excited ,because i love hearing the different voices and how well they hold every note out so perfect. Seeing how much they get into their songs and really real the words made everything seem so real and it really had my attention from start to finish.
Camden County Technical School
12th
I felt excited to coming to the opera. I felt exicted because the last opera I saw was so good I really liked it. I also felt amazed while watching the opera. At the part where the bed where floating in the air. That was truly amazing part of the opera that I really liked. I also felt sad when we had to leave. The opera was so good and tghe singers were tryuly amazing and had beautiful voices. The opera was even more amazing then the las one I saw last year which was Carmen. I can't wait to see another opera next year if I had a chance.
Camden County Technical School
12th
I felt excited to coming to the opera. I felt exicted because the last opera I saw was so good I really liked it. I also felt amazed while watching the opera. At the part where the bed where floating in the air. That was truly amazing part of the opera that I really liked. I also felt sad when we had to leave. The opera was so good and tghe singers were tryuly amazing and had beautiful voices. The opera was even more amazing then the las one I saw last year which was Carmen. I can't wait to see another opera next year if I had a chance.
Camden County Technical School
11th Grade
Going to an opera made me feel classy, relaxed and focused. I felt classy because when I think of an opera, I think of elegant and fancy people from the upper class watching it. I felt relaxed because it's the complete opposite of my normal environment. I usually go to concerts which are totally different from operas so it gave me more of a laid back feeling. I felt focused because you have to follow the entire story or else you might get lost in it, especially when there's a lot going on.
PEPPER & SALTeens Homeschoolers
Grade 6
I liked this opera because it gave you a feeling of a dream and it gave you an idea what it really was like. I also liked the opera for the artisan look and I liked how the actors portrayed the characters. I think the opera was just perfect as it was and really captured the spirit of Shakespeare. The one thing that was unperfected was the forest because it did not give you the feeling of deep in a forest.
PEPPER & SALTeens Homeschoolers
Grade 9
The Midsummer Night's Dream opera was not only entertaining, but it was quite comedic and funny. I loved the characters (especially Puck) and the set design. The opera was an overall 10/10.
PEPPER & SALTeens Homeschoolers
Grade 7
During the opera, I easily recognized the characters either by their appearance or by the music that played. I listened as I heard the familiar songs from the classroom now fill the Opera house. The characters were portrayed clearly and while the words were still tricky to follow along at times, I knew the story. My favorite scene was during Act III when the Mechanicals put on the play of Pyramus and Thisby. My favorite character was Puck. He was always getting himself into trouble and I admit, I don’t always do what I’m told either!
The Academy itself was spectacular. I was in awe of its grandness and felt very lucky to have a chance to see the Opera in such a beautiful building. I have never been to the Opera and now that I have, I can’t wait to go again.
Keith Valley Middle School
Grade 7
This was the first time I have ever been to the Opera and let me just say, it was amazing! The experience of seeing these amazing actors and actresses sing their hearts out and put on a show was truly fascinating. I loved how there were definitely some comical scenes but some pretty serious ones too. Had I not gone to see the Opera, I wouldn't have known how greatly entertaining it is. The most shocking and funny scene was towards the end when the guy dressed up as the white wall. I couldn't do anything but smile when I saw that. My favorite character was most likely Puck. I absolutely loved the other characters too but I can't help but love Puck a little more. I hope this isn't the last time I go to the Opera. I can't say it enough, this experience was absolutely amazing!
Keith Valley Middle School
Grade 7
This was the first time I have ever been to the Opera and let me just say, it was amazing! The experience of seeing these amazing actors and actresses sing their hearts out and put on a show was truly fascinating. I loved how there were definitely some comical scenes but some pretty serious ones too. Had I not gone to see the Opera, I wouldn't have known how greatly entertaining it is. The most shocking and funny scene was towards the end when the guy dressed up as the white wall. I couldn't do anything but smile when I saw that. My favorite character was most likely Puck. I absolutely loved the other characters too but I can't help but love Puck a little more. I hope this isn't the last time I go to the Opera. I can't say it enough, this experience was absolutely amazing!