Skip to main content

We Shall Not Be Moved Blog


JOIN OUR BLOG



Share your reaction to We Shall Not Be Moved in the form of a poem or spoken word piece. 

With your entry, please include the following information: 

             NAME:
             SCHOOL:
             GRADE:


You never know...If your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.  

Steven Humes
Opera Philadelphia
Education Manager

Comments

Unknown said…
Henry
F.A.C.T.S Charter School
7th Grade

The link for the video I thought was impressive was the animated scene with the spider chasing the girl. The reason I thought that was really good because standing on a platform with a harness on stage acting and singing, with a projector animating your surroundings is a lot and the outcome of it all seems amazing. The last time I was at a opera, I didn't seem to be interested into any of it at all. Now that I realize how unique and stupendous it is, I now adore opera and their work.
Unknown said…
Henry
F.A.C.T.S Charter School
7th Grade

The link for the video I thought was impressive was the animated scene with the spider chasing the girl. The reason I thought that was really good because standing on a platform with a harness on stage acting and singing, with a projector animating your surroundings is a lot and the outcome of it all seems amazing. The last time I was at a opera, I didn't seem to be interested into any of it at all. Now that I realize how unique and stupendous it is, I now adore opera and their work.
Unknown said…
Henry
F.A.C.T.S Charter School
7th Grade

The link for the video I thought was impressive was the animated scene with the spider chasing the girl. The reason I thought that was really good because standing on a platform with a harness on stage acting and singing, with a projector animating your surroundings is a lot and the outcome of it all seems amazing. The last time I was at a opera, I didn't seem to be interested into any of it at all. Now that I realize how unique and stupendous it is, I now adore opera and their work.
Unknown said…
Henry
F.A.C.T.S Charter School
7th Grade

The link for the video I thought was impressive was the animated scene with the spider chasing the girl. The reason I thought that was really good because standing on a platform with a harness on stage acting and singing, with a projector animating your surroundings is a lot and the outcome of it all seems amazing. The last time I was at a opera, I didn't seem to be interested into any of it at all. Now that I realize how unique and stupendous it is, I now adore opera and their work.
Anonymous said…
Carmen
I really enjoyed seeing this opera even though was different than the regular plays I am used to seeing. The experience was very interesting because the actors sang the whole opera and it was in French. The orchestra played beautifully and it sounded amazing when the performers sang with the music and hit the notes perfectly. When I first heard the story of Carmen, I was surprised at some of the events. I didn’t know if I would like the opera or not. When I saw it on stage, I really enjoyed watching it. I usually like stage productions with lots of action and fighting. This opera still hade action but the singers didn’t move around very fast. I was still pleasantly surprised by the performance. I liked the fact that the story of Carmen was a love story. I usually wouldn’t choose to see a love story for a play if I had another option, but this made me think otherwise. Don Jose’s love for Carmen, and Carmen’s love for Escamillo made the story interesting. Next time, I might consider seeing a romantic play. Overall, my experience watching Carmen was awesome. I also greatly appreciate the fact that I was able to watch Carmen in the Academy of Music.
-Abby Rasmussen
6th Grade
Radnor Middle School
Anonymous said…
Sydney Goldenberg
RMS 6th Grade

Carmen Blog
Yesterday I experienced my first ever opera at Philadelphia’s Academy of Music. I saw the opera Carmen, with my class from RMS, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially liked the parts with a lot of action. The story line was pretty easy to follow considering we have been over it many times, watching videos and reading the script. I was really interested by the story, and I was wondering if it actually happened?

Popular posts from this blog

Carmen Blog

WRITE A REVIEW:   Having had the opportunity to see  Carmen  at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.  With  both options  we ask that you include your:               FIRST NAME:              SCHOOL:              GRADE: You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.  ...

Tosca Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Puccini's Tosca on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at the Academy of Music. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera? Why or why not? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? Who was your favorite singer? Which singer had the best and most im pressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and grade in your post. Don't forget to support your opinion! Click here if you want to learn more about these operas, the singers in the production, and more! Messag e from the Production Staff: We want to thank all participating schools for their wonderful behavior during the dress rehearsal! You were the best Co-Producers the Opera Company of Philadelphia has ever seen! A...

Otello Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Verdi's Otello on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at the Academy of Music. Inspired by Shakespeare, Otello tells the story of a slave who overcomes great obstacles to become a noble general, but is then driven to unspeakable jealousy by a scheming, envious officer in his army. Passion, political intrigue and a fatal flaw are at the center of this intense musical drama that stands at the pinnacle of grand opera experiences. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera and why? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? What did you think of Mark Delavan, who sang Iago from a wheelchair? Who had the best and most impressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and ...