Skip to main content

The Magic Flute Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's The Magic Flute at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia on April 17, 2013.

The character Papageno enchanted the almost 2,000 students who enthusiastically cheered on the character, as sung by baritone Mark Stone in a memorable afternoon at the Academy of Music.

Participating students are encouraged to share their thoughts on the opera by posting their reviews here. All reviews, positive and negative, will be accepted, just make sure to include your first name, grade, and the school you attend. In order to be accepted onto the blog, all reviews must be at least 50 words or more.

Tell us what you liked about the story, the sets, your favorite character, or your favorite scene, and more.

Don't forget to support your opinion in 50 words or more!

Thanks!

Comments

Jasper28 said…
I really liked how the singers used the space around them. They moved around the stage well and showed emotion in their movement. If the were worried, the singers would move slowly and cowardly. The moves were well organized. Their voices were in tune. The Queen of the Nights' voice was the highest I've ever heard. It must be extremely hard.
Jasper28 said…
The voices of the singers were outstanding. The queen of the nights' voice was outstanding. The movement was great. Each step showing their feeling. The props were great. The stage changed quickly and fluidly making little mistakes. Their movements were great both around their immediate space and walking space. The play was fantastic!
Jasper28 said…
The voices of the singers were outstanding. The queen of the nights' voice was outstanding. The movement was great. Each step showing their feeling. The props were great. The stage changed quickly and fluidly making little mistakes. Their movements were great both around their immediate space and walking space. The play was fantastic!
Grace49 said…
I enjoyed The Magic Flute opera. It was entertaining at all times and I look forward to another opera. I liked the character Papageno the best. He was amusing and he was the one who made me laugh the most. The singing was amazing. I can't believe that the Queen of the Night actually sung the highest note in opera history! It must have taken a lot of practice. The backgrounds were great-they looked very realistic. I also liked that when the people backstage changed the scene, it was in an organized way, not just complete chaos. My favorite scene was when Pamina and Tamino walked through the fire and water the best. It was just so cool to watch the sudden darkness turn into a bright orange dawn with the orange sparkly fire costumes coming out. The water costumes actually looked like the water was moving-very cool. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this play. Very well done!
Julia9 said…
I really liked the queen of the night, and Papegeno. Papegeno was really funny, and interacted with the audience, even though he was on the stage, inside the opera. The queen of the night had an amazing voice. She could sing so loud, high and beautifully. The opera was amazing, and an amazing experience!
Lexy31, BCMS said…
I really liked the opera. I especially loved the character Papageno because he was very funny. Sometimes he was clueless, and sometimes he was just silly. The singers were also amazing! I loved the Queen Of The Night's songs that she sang (especially the super high notes. The back-rounds were detailed with all of the bushes, the stage, and the gates and benches. The actors and actresses stayed in character the whole time. I thought the whole thing was very well done!
SamuelFrueh17 and BCMS said…
I focused on the visual content of the opera. I was very impressed how the costumes really matched the emotions that the actors were feeling and singing. An example of this is at the end I remember costumes that resembled fire. These costumes were dancing when the actors were singing more about their love for each other. Also when the singers got a bit quieter costumes that looked like water came out.
Anonymous said…
From a visual point of view this opera was fantastic. The sets and the character's costumes were all very colorful and the designs were very intricate and complex. one of the best parts in my opinion was when they were lighting the torches. That scene had so much detail in it and the real fire was very unique and uncommon, I liked it. Overall I thought the play was very good, and I would go see it again.
Luke22 said…
Luke22 BCMS 6th grade

I really enjoyed going to "The Magic Flute" for many ways. One reason is the singing. I thought that it was awesome how the actors could project their voices so high or so low. I also thought that the costumes were really creative. My favorite character was Papageno because he was humorous and a great singer. I also thought that the Queen of the Night and Sarastro were really great singers because the Queen of the Night could get really high, and Sarastro could get really low.
Luke22BCMS6thgrade said…
I thought that "The Magic Flute" was really good in many ways. One way is that the costumes were really creative especially the fire and water costumes. I also thought that it was amazing how the characters could get their voices so high and low. My favorite character was Papageno because he was very humorous and a great singer.
Olivia6 said…
I was spellbound by this opera. It was my first opera and I was blown away from it. I thought it was very cool how Papageno reacted to how the kids started yelling whether they wanted him to hang himself or not. Even though that was supposed to be just him talking to the three boys, he handled it in a very pleasing way,but then got on with the opera quickly and effeciently. The Queen of the Night intruigued me. Her voice was so unearthly yert beautiful at the same way, and the high F was amazing! I can't even sing that high in my head voice, yet she does it in her chest voice while projecting! It must have taken a lot of training to be able to hit that note.
Ari23 said…
At a visual glance, the opera was marvelous. I noticed how certain parts of the set would slide round and create different formations. It was also nice to see how embellished the fire and the water were. The color was very sharp and stood out. In all, the visual aspect of the Magic Flute was superlative.
Gabby5 said…
I loooooved this perfomance. The setting was amazing how it switched scenes and moved, it was fantastic. My favorite singers were The Queen of the Night because she sang very high (one of the highest notes in Opera in her aria) and Sarastro because he sang very low and never gave up with those low notes. My favorite actors were Papageno because he was very funny, even though he was acting, he acted his part so well it seemed like he made up those jokes right on the spot. Also, I loved Monostatos cause he acted very evil, he made me believe in him, like actors are supposed to do. Tamino I think was good, I think he did well to not talk to Pamina during the trial. Also, Pamina was a very good singer and actress. I admired this play: the singing, acting and art forms included in the play were fantastic! Thank You!!!!
Kana26BalaCywnwydMS6thGrade said…
I love the Magic Flute! The last time I saw it was the same storyline, a bit different in that it was a sort of "modern" version. I liked seeing the differences in the two versions of the opera. The Academy of Music's performance was outstanding! I had never been to the dress rehearsal of an opera. I, as usual, delighted in the music score. Especially the Queen of the Night and the pit orchestra. I thought the "play within a play" at the beginning of the opera was amusing and innovative! My favorite parts of the Magic Flute were the Queen of the Night's aria and any scene with Papageno and/or Papagena! The stagehands were quite fluid and clever with moving and making use of the scenery and backdrops. They made interesting use of only a few backdrops! Since hearing the Queen of the Night's high F twice now, I'd like to see the opera that had an F#! I'd like to see the Academy of Music's Magic Flute in its full glory, the night of the real performance!
Aydan19 said…
I think that the Opera was amazing. This is the first one I had ever seen and It really had me interested. I was amazed by the range of voice. From Sarastro's bass voice, to the Queen of the Nights soprano voice. Usually I was never really interested in plays, but this opera was amazing. I would honestly like to see another one.
Sam16 said…
i liked the play because of the good vocals. the music was very fun and cool. Papegano was my favorite character because he was funny and loved food. It was amazing how the hedges in the background moved. I wonder how you made that possible the moment was very smooth and organized. This was also the first opera I went to.
Ella25BCMS said…
I liked the opera, the Magic Flute. I really liked how all of the costumes resembled the personality of the characters. Like the Queen of Night and the Three Ladies had mostly dark costumes because they had "dark personalities." Whereas The "good guys" like Tamino and Pamino had lighter costumes. Sarastro had a lot of gold on his costume to show that he was powerful.
I also really liked the moving hedges. I think that that was very creative way to switch scenes.
Anonymous said…
Talia18 BCMS 6th grade

I liked the Magic Flute a lot. I thought the outfits were great, the music was fantastic, and the set was cool. I liked the queen of the night the best. I liked her the best because of her character and the music she sang. I also liked the beginning how it was like a smaller stage on a bigger one.
Ethan40 bcms said…
Personally I was impressed with how high the queen of the night could sing and how they expressed themselves very well and how good their acting was. I also liked the story line but I wish it was in English. I also disliked how the actors asked for suggestions from the audience mid performance.
Sophie48 said…
I really liked this opera. It was my first opera and I thought it was great. My favorite characters were Pamina and the Queen of the Night. The person who played the Queen of the Night must be really talented, and same with all of the other people. The music was also amazing.
Aasha21 said…
I enjoyed the Magic Flute Opera very much! I had never seen an opera before, and this was an extrmemyl good starter. I would love to see more, and experience the fantastic voices, set, and music. The singers in this Opera were fanatstic, and like a lot of other people, my favorite moment was when The Queen of the Night hit the highest note in the scale. I was in awe. The sets were fabulously created and everything flowed great. The switch of scences was discreet and timely. I was very impressed with each of the actors and actresses abilities. I loved the music especially, becasue it was so beautiful and captured every moment of the opera fantastically.
I enjoyed this opera tremendously and I hope to see one like this again!
Ben44 said…
I think the most impressive part of the Magic flute were the singing voices of the characters, especially the queen of the night. She could reach incredibly high notes. The music in the opera was amazing. The orchestra sounded very good. The actors were very dramatic.I thought that the scene where Papageno finds Papagina was very funny. Another one of my favorite scenes was when Tamino fights the dragon. I liked the action in that part. I look forward to seeing many more operas.
Taz23 said…
I loved Die Zauberflote’s sets and costumes. I like how it was used in symbolic ways, for instance, The Trial of Fire, and The Trial of Water. It was absolutely stunning. I loved the use of real fire as well. At first glance I had thought it was fake until I saw one priest light another priest’s fire. Genius! Another thing I loved was how the opera started as a play, and slowly seeped into reality as each of the members of the audience became part of the play. It was interesting how when Tamino played his magic flute, all the wild animals came to him, tamed. The animals themselves were black and white, the person playing them, clearly visible. It was very symbolic and simple. There was just enough resemblance to know what the costume was supposed to be portraying. However, through this, they managed to send a message that was simply magical.
William10 said…
I really enjoyed the magic flute and I especially liked Papageno. I viewed the opera from a physical art form perspective and I thought that the people dressed as fire and water were amazing and I loved the simple yet capturing costumes of the actors. Overall I thought it was a great performance and it has made me want to see another opera.
Anonymous said…
Diarmid 38 BCMS 6th Grade
The Magic Flute was a very exciting opera. I thought that the characters did well and the settings were good also. Though I thought the moving bushes were very distracting and I couldn’t see the text in English because it was to far above stage and I was on the back of the balcony. Though over all it was a very exciting performance.
Lauren3 said…
I thought that the costumes were amazing. I liked how the colors matched the characters personality, like the villains wore black and the heroes wore white and other light colors. I deeply enjoyed the trials scene and how the costumes embodied the magnificence and wonder of water and fire. I thought that all of the costumes were fantastic!
Lizzie11BCMS6th said…
I really enjoyed the opera. I thought Papageno was extremely funny, silly, and sometimes just outright clueless. I really liked how easily you could tell the singers emotions, which helped to know what was going on.
Ben Smith said…
I really enjoyed the Magic Flute opera. The music in it was very good. The voices of the singers were incredible. Especially the queen of the night's. It was amazing how high she could sing. The orchestra was also really good. They never made any mistake. The actors were very good. They used all the space around them. Papageno was my favorite character. He was really funny. It was very funny when Papageno meets Papagena.
justin said…
I didn't really like the opera. it wasn't that interesting. i think there should have been more romance. On the other hand the props where amazing. the fire was suprizing because they could have caught the stage on fire. I thought the music was well played too.
Shannon41 said…

I liked this opera very much. I haven't ever been to an opera before and was surprised at how well done it was. I really liked the instrumental part. It was really small compared to my schools band and orchestra, yet it was really loud! Never once did I have trouble hearing them. It was neat how I think there was an oboe in the orchestra. I really liked it and if you have haven't gone you really should!
Anonymous said…
When watching the opera the singing was very beautiful.The way they created the set was very creative.When the fire and water came they had very beautiful orange and blue colors.The character I loved the most was Papageno. He was very funny and had a good sense of humor.I also loved the opera because the three ladies sang in unison, it was filled with horror and sadness. So overall the opera was great.

A.Abdul-Hakim 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
"The Magic Flute"was a great play. Even though it was in German, they still did a good job with the captions. The singing was fantastic especially that Pamina, her voice was great. I strongly recommend that you go see that play. I think that they could've did better with the animals. You could tell that the animals weren't real and that they were humans in animal costumes. There were great thing in the play and not so great things in the play but overall, it was outstanding.

James.K 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
When watching the opera the singing was very beautiful.The way they created the set was very creative.When the fire and water came they had very beautiful orange and blue colors.The character I loved the most was Papageno. He was very funny and had a good sense of humor.I also loved the opera because the three ladies sang in unison, it was filled with horror and sadness. So overall the opera was great.

A.Abdul-Hakim 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The singing composed in the Opera especially when it came down to Pamina, was like something I've never heard and I quite enjoyed it. The Academy of Music was beautiful in its own way and made me more excited about the play. Even though there weren't many props and animals, it gave you a clear vision of what was happening in the scenery. I believe that Papageno was the star of the show! I think the music from the orchestra set the mood better for me. It let me know the vibe and mood of the scene. I liked how Pamina and Tamino were convinced that they couldn't live their love. My favorite intense moment was when the Queen of the night gave Pamina the dagger to kill Sarastro.

Evelyn A. 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
I thought the Opera was so funny! It made me laugh the entire time. The colors made it sparkle and shine. The singing was wonderful, even if it was in German. I think the Queen of The Night gets her way all the time, and I loved the way she sang. the orchestra did a good job with the music, but sometimes it made me sleepy. The animals made me laugh, and Papageno too, but he was very flirtatious and forward with women. I found it very amusing. Tamino and Pamina are very brave, and should be together forever! The Academy of Music was fun, I hope I can go back again someday.

A. Young, 7th grade, Anna Lane Lingelbach Elementary
Anonymous said…
I really enjoyed the opera because it was like Cinderella. The reason why I say this is because the Queen of the Night was similar to the evil stepmother, Pamina was obviously Cinderella, and Tamino was the Prince. Also, the singing was really German, and I liked learning German. However, the acting flowed with the music very nicely. Fast, slow, and with love in the mix. Mozart and the Academy of Music really made the set seem very real, with all the props and animals. However, thanks to the set designer for making the opera seem real. Finally, I enjoyed the chorus and the plot.
Ashley E. 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The Academy of Music and its orchestra brought pazazz to Mozart's "The Magic Flute".Mozart went all out in this story of love as prince Tamino falls in love with a princess named Pamina. The flawless singing brung this show to life.

The truth is the set designer is a genius.The plot was very realistic, the props were on point (not cheap), and the music was to die for.Overall I had a great time.

C.Shields 7th Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
I think the singing and music were very terrific. I think all of the people involved in the Opera did an awesome job. Everyone was very serious about the play. However, they didn't go off key during the show. They all stayed on point and remembered all of their lines. The Magic Flute was an excellent Opera to watch. The characters seemed very relaxed during the show. Also the characters' outfits were very unique.

Tori Dickens 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
"The magic Flute" was such a phenomenal, exquisite, interesting, loving, mysterious, impeccable play. It was greatly organized, the characters sang beautifully, and the orchestra was very on point and did an awesome job playing their instruments. I loved Tamino's determination drive, courage, and bravery to do whatever he could to save Pamina. Their love for each other wasn't describable. I also love Papageno. Ge's very funny and humorous and he definitely kept the crowd interested. This is my first time ever coming to see an opera and I had a wonderful time.
Anonymous said…
Overall the whole opera was amazing.The lighting was too bright.The props were amazing and very colorful.The actor playing Papageno was my favorite.He entertained the audience very well and made me laugh.The way the props (grass walls) moved around without people having to come on stage to move them was pretty cool.The actors playing Tamino and Pamina did a great job acting as if they were really in love. The opera as a whole was a great time.

T.Miles 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
"The Magic Flute" was such a phenomenal, exquisite, interesting, loving, mysterious, and impeccable, opera. It was greatly organized, the characters sang beautifully, and the orchestra was very on point and did an awesome job playing their instruments. I loved Tamino's determination, drive, courage, and bravery to do whatever he could to save Pamina. Their love for each other was indescribable. I also love Papageno. He's very funny and humorous and he definitely kept the crowd interested. This is my first time ever coming to see an opera and I had a wonderful time.

Jamea Richardson 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The opera was a wonderful acting and singing performance. The set designers did a wonderful job with the makeup and costumes. My favorite part was at the end when it was all about love. The animal costumes were the best. The orchestra was audible and they played beautiful music. I also loved the end because the colors were eye popping and it really caught my eye with all the movement. It was my first opera and I enjoyed it a lot.

Richard W 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
When I hear the name "The Magic Flute" I think of drama, romance, comedy, action, love, betrayal, heartbreak, and much, much more. I am telling you right now you will love this opera! "The Magic Flute" by famous composer Mozart is a wonderful piece. Hear about the beautiful, sweet, innocent Pamina and her true love Tamino fight to unite and rejoice in their love for each other. Also her about the lonely, confused Papageno who accompanies Tamino on his journey. Queen of the night also A.K.A Pamina's mother is trying to to do everything in her power to get rid of Sarastro, Pamina's teacher and Protector. She is a major threat and to everyone in this story, so join us in watching this opera at The Academy of Music, to see it true love will win in the end.

Kieara M 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The Magic Flute had a lot of love. My favorite character was Papageno. He was amusing and funny.My least favorite character was Sarastro. He was not really involved in the opera. The opera's music and songs were very entertaining and powerful,it also set a lot of emotionin the scene where Tamino and Papageno pass the three trails,That was very entertaining,but also set a plot to the whole story.

K.Figaro 7th garde Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The Magic Flute was great! All of the costumes and props were outstanding. I really liked the plot of the story and how everything was set up. The orchestra, singing acting, chorus, and the set was really good. I cant wait to go back to the Academy of Music and see another fantastic show.
Anonymous said…
I really liked this opera. I think the props and the venue (Academy of Music) made the opera lively. The music, played by the wonderful orchestra made the opera even more emotional. I thought the most emotional part was when Pamina believed that Tamino did not love her and then made an attempt to kill herself with the dagger.Although the singing was in German it was still lovely.The acting was perfect, spot-on! Anyone who goes to see this opera will absolutely loved it. Anyone who does not,well,they don't know what they're missing.Fantastic job and that was only the dress rehearsal? Awesome!!

R.Rivera 7th grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The Opera was like a joyful musical place with lots of romance. The props were very realistic and the music was like a soothing day at the beach. I loved the way the performers were acting and singing. This Opera was full of love and animals. Tamino was my favorite character because he had my favorite color, blue. Also because he was just a caring and heroic man.

Martez Wortham 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
The Academy of Music did a spectacular job putting together this Opera. The music was awesome, especially at the end when everyone was singing. Tamino and Pamina's love was super strong. It made me cry. I enjoyed watching your final dress rehearsal of "The Magic Flute" and look forward to seeing more Operas.

Richard Wright 7th Grade Lingelbach
Anonymous said…
I believe the whole plot of the opera was just so wonderful. The orchestra played along so nicely with the chorus, and singing of the characters. The set designer was on point with making the whole set have " love" written all over it. When the Queen of the Night came in, she had amazing props, like the padlock to prevent Papageno from telling lies. I think Sarastro making Tamino and Pamina complete those trials to find the truth of love was great. The sound of the flute and how every note brought in animals seemed magical. Overall, I can say that the Academy of Music was such a sight to see, and I enjoyed myself so much!!!!

S. Watson, 7th grade, Anna Lane Lingelbach

Anonymous said…
eVOLVE41
Grade 6
Bala Cynwyd Middle School

The opera was wonderful! I really liked the music, especially in the last and first scenes. Violetta is so brave and generous! Violetta's singing voice was so beautiful! It must be so hard for the actors to sing so loud and so well!
Anonymous said…
eVOLVE42
Grade 6
Bala Cynwyd Middle School

Opera Review

Violetta is a courtesan rejected by society, but when a man named Alfredo Germont loves her, she goes off to live with him. Alfredo’s father is not happy about this. He breaks them up and finally brings Alfredo and Violetta back together, right before Violetta dies.
The music carried the characters and action forward because sometimes it was loud and dramatic, and you could tell what the characters were trying to make you feel. When the characters sung, it was so passionate and beautiful that it was impossible not to listen. For example, I loved it when Germont sang to Violetta and told her to leave Alfredo. He sounded so grave and serious about the welfare of his family.
The costumes and sets definitely enhanced the fact that Violetta was rich at the beginning and poor at the end, and how rich courtesans were. You could also tell that by the costumes how women were treated in society back then. Nearly all the women in the play were wearing dresses the whole time, and were always accompanied by rich men.
The Opera La Traviata takes place in the 1950s, and it updates the setting the composer imagined. The change adds to the flair and power of the piece. The 1950s were so grand, and the setting reflected that in every way.
I would absolutely recommend this Opera to my friends and family because of its emotion and power. The music was amazing! Plus, the actors made me feel exactly like I knew I should. Though I still wouldn’t recommend it to some of my smaller siblings, because of the parties that are shown in the play.
Unknown said…
Milo
8th Grade
Charles w. Henry School

The performance told the story dramatically in many different ways, so I can be engaged in the plot. The main character's in the opera where Viloetta,Alfredo. Violetta was suffering from a illness and Alfredo was a young man in love with Viloetta, but Alfredo's dad Giorgio didn't want his son to love and marry the courtesan Violetta because his daughter fiance told him they weren't going to get married if alfredo got married to violetta. So Giorgio told to leave Alfredo.
The music did carry the characters and action forward many times in the opera. The particular voices i like where Flora's, Alfredo and violetta's. Why i like Flora's and viloetta's is because they where sopranos but flora was more of a mezzo soprano. The duets that added to the conflict was Violetta and Giorgio. How the sets undermine the plot was they put it so if we where actually there. The costumes enhance the plot because they all dressed up like 1950's Paris , And the staging in the opera enhance the set, Because the props made the stage come alive.
The setting the composer imagined it has been updated. The change adds to the of the piece. The setting really can be played in any time period cause of props, Also the setting just cant be played as the 1800's cause the church censor it back then.
Last but not least I would recommend the performance to my friends and family because the performance had everything but Action and Adventure and also Horror. But it had Drama,Comedy,Suspense. Thats like a really great movie put into in opera. Also I will tell them about flora's party and the dancing and the conflict, lastly I would tell them about chandlers made out of crystals.
Unknown said…
Dhakiyah
8th Grade
Charles W. Henry School

The La'Traviata was a great experience. The music was lovely. You could feel the vibe of what the characters were feeling by their voices. When Violetta and Alfredo sang together you could tell they were happy. When Alreado and his father sang together you could feel the anger and the pain Alreado felt. At The party in Paris Alfredo treated Violetta wrong. When this happened the party crowed around Alreado furiously and sang with so much power in their voices because of what he did. Back then it was non-manly to treat a women that way.

The sets were beautiful. The lighting went with each act;bright lights at parties, and dull lights in desperate times. The costumes were put together well. My favorite costume was Violetta dress in the beginning. It was surprising to see that the characters knew where to stand; it was a lot of people on one stage. I also loved how this was a rehearsal and it still went all the way through with no mishaps or mistakes.

1950's in paris was the setting of the opera. I believe it was a few changes from when it was first written. Back then they did not support homosexuality; it was not normal to people back then. The women and men were not able to mingle with each other let alone touch one another unless they were married. The way they changed the opera was interesting because I know from my studies they didn't support the things that was being showed in the opera.

I would definitely recommend a friend to see this opera. From the time you sit in your seats until the time you leave you will be into the opera. It was funny and also jaw dropping. Even though it had a sad ending the experience all together was great. I would like to thank all the adults who allowed me to have the opportunity to attend La'Traviata.
johnai said…
Johnai
8th grade
Charles W. Henry school

Opera review

I loved seeing La Traviata! That was my first time going to see an opera. My favorite character in La Traviata was Violetta Valery. Violetta was my favorite character because in the opera she was a beautiful, independent woman who never wanted to have to depend on a man for what she needed. Sadly, the beloved Violetta was terribly sick with with tuberculosis but she kept a smile on her face and never let it worry her.

The music to the opera was beautiful and went perfectly with the songs that were sung. The characters hit every one of their notes amazingly with the orchestra. I think the music gave the opera more excitement and suspense. Some of the music expressed how the characters felt and showed the representation of the scenery. An example of the music going with the scenes is at the scene of the party, the music was very cheerful and upbeat, but at the end of the opera when Violetta was dying, the music was scarce and had a sad low tempo.

The sets, costumes, and staging were amazing. I thought that the costumes the characters wore were spot on. The sets the opera used were made very realistic, like I actually felt live we were in Paris. Throughout the opera, the costumes went with the scenes wonderfully and correctly. All together everything went positively great.

The opera officially was written in the 1800s in Italy but the setting was supposed to be in the 1950s in Paris. La Traviata did at first had a troubling beginning. It was censored by but still became very famous. They started out bad but rose to the top. The opera became very successful in its time.

I would definitely recommend the performance to my friends and family. I thought the performance was entertaining and an awesome show for everyone. At the show anyone and everyone who was there enjoyed the show as much as me. The people that i would recommend the performance to would absolutely fall in love with the opera. Therefore, I would recommend the performance to my friends and family.

Popular posts from this blog

Carmen Blog

WRITE A REVIEW:   Having had the opportunity to see  Carmen  at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.  With  both options  we ask that you include your:               FIRST NAME:              SCHOOL:              GRADE: You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.  ...

Tosca Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Puccini's Tosca on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at the Academy of Music. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera? Why or why not? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? Who was your favorite singer? Which singer had the best and most im pressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and grade in your post. Don't forget to support your opinion! Click here if you want to learn more about these operas, the singers in the production, and more! Messag e from the Production Staff: We want to thank all participating schools for their wonderful behavior during the dress rehearsal! You were the best Co-Producers the Opera Company of Philadelphia has ever seen! A...

Otello Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Verdi's Otello on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at the Academy of Music. Inspired by Shakespeare, Otello tells the story of a slave who overcomes great obstacles to become a noble general, but is then driven to unspeakable jealousy by a scheming, envious officer in his army. Passion, political intrigue and a fatal flaw are at the center of this intense musical drama that stands at the pinnacle of grand opera experiences. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera and why? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? What did you think of Mark Delavan, who sang Iago from a wheelchair? Who had the best and most impressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and ...