
Welcome Students and Teachers to Opera Online!!
Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Mozart's The Abduction from the Seraglio on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at the Academy of Music.
Now that you've spent time using the study guides, reading through the libretto, hearing the music in class and attending the final dress rehearsal, tell us what you thought about the opera!
In at least 50 words, write your review! All reviews must include your first name, your school name, and your grade. Don't forget to tell us why you liked or didn't like the opera. Support your position!
You can talk about the sets, costumes, the characters, and the movie clips used in the piece. Did you like that the stage jutted out over the orchestra pit? What was the funniest moment?
Share your thoughts here and you can be a published blogger!
Opera on the Air!
On Saturday, February 18th at 1 PM radio station WRTI will broadcast Rossini favorite, The Barber of Seville from the Metropolitan Opera. This joyous tale of how a mischievous barber helps a count court a young maiden if filled with some of the most famous melodies in all of opera.
You may be familiar with it from this famous Bugs Bunny film.
JOIN OUR OPERA EMAIL LIST!
Email education@operaphila.org and we'll deliver free opera right into your inbox once a week. Each week there will be a youtube "Clip of the Week" and a great opera-related website to check out. If you like opera, this is the place to be!
Comments
-Emily Glassford, Arcadia University
The Abduction was great to watch and I loved listening to it. I didn't realize how much acting and work went into opera. The characters were dynamic and interesting, though Osmin seemed to be the most interesting because of his juxtaposition. I learned a lot about music and theater from this viewing and would love to go to another show.
-Raisa, George Washington HS
-Amber Thomas, George Washington High School
The opera was phenominal,NOT because it was my first but because I wasn't expecting to see such a beautiful performance. I loved the singing and the story. I could tell what it was about without the words in the second and third scene. Thank you for this fantastic play.
I realy enjoyed the opera, "The Abduction of the Seraglio". This was my first opera, and I'm glad it was this one. My favorite part was when Pedrillo and Pasha Salim were both in the sweat room, and Pedrillo got the Pasha drunk and they sung songs about girls and wine. I got lost at a few parts because it was in German but besides that it was a great play.
The Abduction from the Seraglio was a very interesting opera. This opera was the first opera I ever saw in my whole life, and it made me want to go see more operas. My favorite character from this opera was Osmin because he was a very funny character. This opera also taught me a lot about acting and singing and I learned a lot of german!
I really think the play was funny and dramatic. Even though the play was in German, I still thought it was a very good play. My favorite character was Osmin because to me he was funny. Even though the play was really good, when our class acted the entire play out, I thought our acting was better.
The Abduction from the Seraglio was very fascinating. The part in the beginning really caught my attention because Osmin wasn't listening to Belmonte at all. The way Belmonte reacted made it even more humorous. By the end Belmonte made me angry because why would he think that Konstanze would ever fall for Pasha Selim. In conclusion the overall show was incredible.
- Kayla, DePaul Catholic
The Abduction from the Seragilo was an exiciting and envigorating show. I was disapointed every time an intermission came up. I hope I can come back with my family and show them how good the play was. Every time Blonde said she would scratch the Pasa Selim's eyes I would almost fall out of my chair.
The Abduction from the Seraglio was my first opera and was very phenomenal. The Opera was the best Opera I have ever been to. I love the work you guys did to put on a great show. My favorite part was when Bassa Selim set Konstance, Belmonte, Pedrillo, and Blonde free.
The Abuduction from the Seragilo was my first opera. I thought it was very exicting. I liked all the singing. I thought the play was very long. The theater was big. I hated when intermission came because that meant the opera was soon to be over. I had a fun experience.
The Abduction was one of the best operas I ever saw. I should rather say it was the only one I ever saw. I like the way Osmin and Selim described how they felt because Blonde and Konstanze were already married. We practiced the play you guys did at our school before we saw the play. Still I think the play was terific. It didn't even look like a rehersal, it looked like the real thing.
Sincerly, Nasir
I loved each and every part of The Abduction. Nothing was wrong. I thought that some of my friends were a little loud. Knowing that I couldn't understand the German, it was kind of funny when Osmin got drunk and he was singing about girls. That was my favorite part, but it should be longer just to get more details in there.
I realy liked the opera. It was very lovely and fun. I liked the way they sang and acted. It was great. I went home and remembered the words that they sang. I really liked the part when they all were together and when they were seen by Osmin and Salim let them go. It was very good to see how people lived back then and how if you were mad you got over it fast (that was strange to me). I really liked the music, it was very nice. I liked the part when Salim was coming back, and I really didn't like Osmin very much.
The Abduction from the Seraglio was a little bit boring because it was long and I didn't understand the language. I was amazed how they learned and memorized the whole opera. The actors acted so well I was clapping very loud. The Abduction from the Seraglio was a wonderful experience, and it was my first opera. This opera was very cool because there was a lot of action and love; it is a perfect combination in an opera.
When I went to the opera I thought it was great. The experience was amazing, because I never got to go to an opera before. The character I liked the most was Konstanze, because she had faith in her man and always knew he would come back for her. My other favorite character was Belmonte because he took the time to come to the Pasha Selim's palace. He came and got his beloved and friends. My least favorite part was when the Pasha Selim found out they were trying to escape. My favorite part was when the Pasha Selim let them go out of the kindness of his heart. My favorite act was Act 3, because it had the most action, thats what I liked about the opera.
When I went to the opera, I thought it was a great experience to watch something new that I can learn about. One thing I didn't like was the constant looking up to see what they were saying. I loved the chandeleir and the bathrooms were nice and clean. My favorite aria was both of the characters Konstanze and Blonde. Also, I did not like that they took out the part when the Pasha found out about Belmonte being his enemy's son. Personally, my favorite act was act 3. It is my favorite because they reunited with each other and I liked the way the actors and actresses portrayed the scene.
I really liked the opera; I thought that it was a show of how the 1769's can effect the 20th century. I liked all of the acts, but the 2nd act made me a little sleepy because Constanze was singing for a really long time. Even though I like singing she sung too long. The other character that I liked and thought that was really funny was Osmin. Osmin really made the opera come true. I really think that if it wasn't for Osmin it wouldn't have been that funny. But for my point of view and for others, I really liked it and would want to go back.
I had a really great time, I enjoyed my time at the opera. I also found it very interesting. There were very funny parts. Personally, my favorite act was act 2. I also loved the chandelier - it was very pretty. My favorite character is Bach Nissen (Osmin) because he is very rude and funny (at least to me he was). The singing was amazing.
When I was at the opera I liked it at some parts. The parts that I really liked were when they were acting and singing at the same time. One part I didn't understand was when I was reading the sign it didnt show the words that they were saying at the time. Anyway I really liked the opera and the actors, especially "Osmin" - he was really a good actor. The orchestra was very good.
I really had a nice time at the opera. It was really fun. I looked at the opera as more like a romantic opera. I didnt really think it was going to be like that but i still enjoyed it.
I guess when Blonde was singing I thought it was extremely long and I thought that her voice sounded magnificent.
The Abduction was cool. I liked how it was in German and had words at the top in English. Overall I want to say that I loved it. I would love to see another!
I did not like it because of one thing, and that was that it was not in English and people had to keep on looking up, so we did not get to look at the play really because we had to keep on looking up at the words, but other then that it was the best, and I would want to go again. My most favorite part was when I saw Osmin being funny.(Especially when he was on the ground.)
I liked the opera. It was good. I liked that Osmin and the other characters did good - they played it nice. One thing I didn't like as much was they kept singing - they shouldn't have sung a lot. Other then that, they did good. It was unique, but they couldn't have done a better job. I liked it. Keep it up! It was so nice I told my mom about it.
The thing that I liked most about the opera was when Belmonte and Kontanze were trying to sneak away, and Osmin came with his gaurds and he was like where are you going. That was funny to me, and my favorite charicter was Osmin because he was really funny and he kept me entertained. One thing that I didn't like about the opera was when the bar on the ladder fell, but I liked that you guys kept going. And one more thing that I liked about the opera was when the pictures were showing. I thought that was unique.
DePaul Catholic
I enjoyed the opera a little bit. I didn't like how they took the part out where Pasha Selim was debating whether he wanted to kill the people or keep them alive. Other than that I really liked everything else. My favorite character was Osmin; I enjoyed his size. I would recommend to people to see this opera also, only because it is kind of serious but still romantic and funny.
I liked the opera, but I didn't really like the singing. I know that's the main point of an opera, the singing, but it got annoying at times. It would have been better if they talked more. But overall it was still a good performance. I loved the way the stage was set up. My favorite character was Osmin. I liked Osmin because he was really funny in the beginning of the play. I think that people should go see this opera because it was a humorious play.
DePaul Catholic
Me, personally, I did not like the opera. It told a WAY diffrent story then how it it portrayed in the book. It was also very short. The way they tell the story is very exciting in the book but then in the opera it is like they drag the story along. Another reason why I didnt like it was because the actors & actresses had no life to them. But even though I didn't like this one, I enjoyed the last two. I hope to see better next year.
Next to Tosca, This was my favorite opera! The beginning was completely informative because if people didn't know what was going on, they'd know after that because it gave you the main topic of what was going on. My favorite character was Pedrillo because he kept everything happy and funny throughout the whole time he was on stage. Blonde is my second because of her sass. Osmin was just plain funny. Loved him. The others weren't bad, but Pedrillo, Blonde, and Osmin are my favorite. My favorite part was Belmonte's act two aria. He killed it! I would get a CD just to hear it over and over again. The parts I didn't like were the fact that they took out who Belmonte was and how Pasha reacted to it. It would've been better, and they didn't show Belmonte and Konstanze as much as I would've liked. An overall great performance and would gladly see it again!
I enjoyed most of the opera, some of the scenes were a little confusing. I like Pedrillo and Blonde the most because Pedrillo turned things into something funny, and Blonde was very straight forward towards Osmin. I did not like the back screen at all because it seemed too distracting and didn't seem to fit. I liked the singing, however it was very long when just one person was singing. The ending was confusing when they took out the last part, it was strange for Pasha Selim to let them go without a good reason. The opera overall was good and the plot was very interesting.
DePaul Catholic
The opera as it self was kind of funny at times. At times the characters showed great love for their girls. All the performers showed great detail in their work, they took their jobs seriously. I learnd a lot from this opera, and, as this was my second opera, I saw I really liked this one a lot. But they should not have cut a lot of parts out!
The Abduction was very fascinating
and quite funny becuase of Osmin, who was my favorite character, but overall the opera was good. The characters seem so into it, and it made me feel they were real, and I love that. The part that I did not like about the play was how one part was cut out and that was my favorite part. But overall I actually enjoyed the opera even though I'm not a big fan of singspiel.
The opera The Abduction from the Seraglio was ok. I have to say it has been the best opera I have seen so far. I liked the part when Pedrillo tried to sneak away with Blonde; it was funny because they got caught. I didn't like the fact that they cut out a scene because there was an extra one in the book. I was a little confused at first but overall it was good.
DePaul Catholic
The opera altogether was okay. I loved the music and the songs the characters sang, but the story was a little off - very different from the book. Act three seemed very rushed because you didn't tell the story of Belmonte's father. Without it, it didn't make since. Plus some of the characters didn't have the same spunk as they did in the book.
I enjoyed the opera, The Abduction of the Seraglio. My favorite characters were Blonde and Pedrillo. I didn't like how they song a lot. I didn't like how they cut out parts. For example, the part where the Pasha found out Belmonte was his enemy's son. The characters were dynamic and interesting, though Osmin seemed to be the most interesting because of his juxtaposition. I really enjoyed the parts you added in to make the play more 1920s. I didn't enjoy how the background of the acts didn't change. My favorite part was when they were escaping and when Pedrillo gave Osmin a sleeping potion. I loved the orchestra during this opera.
I really liked the opera, The Abduction from the Seraglio. It's the third opera I have ever seen. It is one of my favorite operas ever. My favorite character was Belmonte because of his determination to rescue his friends. I also enjoyed the music that the orchestra played during the opera.
DePaul Catholic
My thoughts on the Opera "Abduction from the Seraglio" were that the opera wasn't as funny as people made it while I was watching the performance. I really didn't like it, I guess maybe because I'm a little young and I really don't quite understand opera, but I did laugh because it was in German. Whenever i heard the German language being spoken I laughed. But, other than that, the opera was ok.
DePaul Catholic
Hello everyone, how are you? I really enjoyed the play. It really left me with a lot of thoughts and questions inside of my head. I liked the parts in the opera where you had the movies playing in the background. I thought that it was really creative. I've never seen an opera like that before. It caught my attention. The singing was beautiful, and I could relax to it. Thank you for putting on a great show.
DePaul Catholic
Hola. Hi. My favorite part about the opera "Abduction from the Seraglio" was when Blonde threatened to scratch Osmin's eyeballs out. It was really funny to me. I liked how Blonde showed Osmin that males are not dominant over females. You go chicka!
The DePaul Catholic
This play was very well written. I loved the setting and the plot - very classy and brillant! I loved the part when Osmin was playing around and being funny, and I did not like when they showed the old video in the beggining, but other than that it was fantastic!! I loved it!
I enjoyed some parts of the opera like the intermission and the time before the opera started because I don't really enjoy things in other languages. I don't like to read subtitles while I'm watching things because it throws me off and I cant get into it. The best part of the opera was act three because of the happy ending.
I thought that the Abduction of the Seraglio was entertaining, interesting, and intriguing! I loved all of the characters, especially Osmin - he was the funniest one! I hope to see another play starring them in it! It kept me wanting to see what was going to happen to the enslaved beauties and their beloved ones! Keep up the good work!!!! :)
DePaul Catholic
Hello! The Abduction of the Seraglio was a good opera. My favorite part was when Osmin kept trying to take Blonde away from her true love and she said no! Pasha Selima was a respectful man in his own way because I liked how he let them go. The opera that we just watched the other day taught you about true love and they would not leave each other, no matter what happened to them in life. Also, my other favorite part was when Osmin got drunk and he thought that Allah was not going to see him - I found such hilarity in that part. I really enjoyed the opera. This was my 3rd time at the opera and I will be looking foward to the next time I go back to the opera. Thank You! God Bless!
DePaul Catholic
Hi! I loved the opera you guys put on; it was awesome. I liked at the end of act 1 where you had the explosives and the wonderful dancing. I liked the names of the characters, and they were very unique. My favorite part was when Osmin became drunk and he started to act funny and the whole time he didn't even know their plan. I think Osmin could have been much meaner. I also liked the part where Osmin kept ignoring what Pedrillo was saying by singing over him. I feel that Blonde could have been in the play much more because she is one of the main characters. I didn't like how they took out the part about Belmonte being the son of Pasha Selim's bitterest enemy from the past and how he couldn't live like him because I think that would have made the opera more fascinating! The opera kept me alive and happy. I liked the part when they were all in the sauna talking I thought that was very funny. I enjoyed the opera very much, and I can't wait to see the one in the spring!!!!!!
DePaul Catholic
The Abduction from the Seraglio was a great opera, and I enjoyed seeing the talent that the actors and actresses have. I liked the flow of the opera and how the music coordinated with the words and how everything was on point with no mistakes. The only thing I didn't like about the opera was when Belmonte, Konstanze, Blonde, and Pedrillo were sneaking out and Pasha Selim caught them, but when he let them go it was different because in the book Pasha Selim saw that Belmonte was the son of his worst enemy but they didn't mention that in the performance. Overall I liked everything else, especially when Blonde and Pedrillo were expressing their love for each other in the begining.
Thank you for a great show!
DePaul Catholic
I thought the play Abduction from the Seraglio was good. The book was way better then the play because it told you about Belmonte's father and so on. My favorite character was Pedrillo because he was very humorous which I didn't see in the book. My favorite part was when Pedrillo got Osmin drunk and he fell asleep; it was very clever and humorous. The modern style of the opera was different, but I really do prefer the old way of opera, like, straight from the book.
The opera was very fascinating. The Abduction from the Seraglio was funny but also romantic. The people who I thought did very well were Pedrillo and Belmonte. You could really tell that Konstanza and Belmonte had a true romance. I would have liked it better without the movie scenes, but also I would have liked for them to add the part about Belmonte's father. I wish that they would have kept it in its original year. Other then that, I thought the story was wonderful.
The opera was very intriguing, but it was also confusing. The movie clips at the beginning were very confusing and distracting from the points which the opera was trying to tell us. In the book, Pasha Selim's name is differnt than in the play, which can be very confusing. Also, you left out some parts in the opera, like when he found out Belmonte was the son of his bitter enemy. Beside these things I loved the play. I didn't imagine Pedrillo as a goofy person which lightened up the play. Osmin was very hilarious, and I loved Konstanze and Blonde's attitude towards the men, being faithful to their own. Thank you for a fantastic performance!
I thought The Abduction of the Seraglio was a really good play. I did not like the ending when they cut out Pasha Selim figuring out that Belmonte was the son of his worst enemy. I did like the part when he was nice enough to let Konstanza, Belmonte, Blonde, and Pedrillo go and take their freedom. I would like to see it again some day.
The opera was very good. I liked the idea of the opera, how the two friends went off to save their girlfriends. I also liked how Pedrillo would trick Osmin in different ways, like when Osmin had him in the rope and then he started to pull him and then he got out. Another part I liked was when the boys got inside and gave Osmin the grenandes then went inside of the palace. The part I liked most at the end was when Pedrillo and Osmin started to drink wine and sing about girls.
My overall perspective of this Opera was that it was well writen and that it intertwined secrets and lies and romance. It also had some humor, but it was mostly serious and pure genius. I could definitly tell that you didn't just grab random people off of the street; the actors were profesional, and from what I could see they were also enthusiastic about their roles. I appreiciated this opera for its actors, actresses,
plot, and all the other wonderful traits any good opera should have. Thank you for presenting this opera.
I think the Opera was good because they had a water fountain and they had a big chandeleir. The opera also had a lot of guards and the actors were very good. The actors were very loud, and they were very good at acting. The actors are good at acting because Blonde slaped Pedrillo in the face. Why would Osmin hold a bomb in his hand, and why didn't he just throw it back at Pedrillo or Belmonte? I do not like how the opera left one of the parts out at the end when Selim told Belmonte he didn't want to be like his father.
The opera was good. My favorite part was when Pedrillo gave Osmin grenades. The part I disliked was when Bassa Selim kidnapped Konstanza and Blonde. My favorite characters was were Belmonte and Pedrillo because they never gave up saving Konstanza and Blonde, even when they ran into problems.
The Abduction of the Seraglio... It was OK! I mean, I thought that it could've been more exciting. One part that I did like was when Blonde smacked Pedrillo. But, why didn't she really smack him like the girl did in Tosca? Also, a part that I didn't like was when the actors just kept walking back and forth on the walkway. To be completly honest, that was getting kind of annoying. Furthermore, Pedrillo was HILARIOUS!! It was like he always had something funny to say, and that's what I loved about him. Another funny part was when all the men came in the sauna and Pedrillo and Osmin were drunk and they were acting really funny!!Clearly, my favorite character was Belmonte, but the thing that really got me confused with him was that he never changed his outfit. Overall the opera was good. I wish it could've been more, but it was good!!!!!!
This was one of the most beautiful operas that I have ever heard of. The Opera's beauty and realism makes it stand out from all the other operas that I have been to. I loved the hilarity of Mr. Pedrillo and the seriousness of Ms. Blonde. Those two were my favorite characters. This story was very intriguing and mezmorizing. I know that I will never forget it - such a beautiful masterpiece. Thank you, Opera Company of Philadelphia, and thank you, Sir Mozart!
I didnt like this opera because our class acted it out better. My class had more enthusiasm; we had a lot of fun with it. For example, when singing we sung together and laughed through it while still getting through the show. My favorite character was Blonde because she was always telling Osmin to respect women and not to tell them to serve him because she is not on earth to be a slave.
I loved when Blonde was singing and she started to do the butterfly - that was funny. My favorite character was Osmin because he was the most interesting person. The characters were very interesting and serious about their work. Overall it was amazing :) <3
-Kiya, DePaul Catholic
I thought the play was good. My favorite character was Konstanze; I just thought she was the best. I thought the opera was interesting and not boring like the other one we saw last year. It was also funny at some parts. I enjoyed watching it, and I thought Belomonte and Konstanze were a nice couple. Osmin was the best and funniest character; he made people laugh at some parts. I enjoyed hearing them sing. They are good at what they do.
I thought the part when Pedrillo and Belmonte went over how they planned to recuse the girls was interesting. I also liked how Pedrillo was still asking Blonde about their love - it was so hilarious when Blonde slaped Pedrillo in the face! Well you guys did an excellent job of fixing the acts. It was beautiful, and thank you very much for inviting The DePaul Catholic School.
My opinion on the show was that it was not as good as the writen form.
The reason for me saying this is because at the end a whole part of act 3 was cut out and it made Pasha Selim look like a person who lets people free for no reason. It really made him look like a coward because kings are supposed to rule with authority. I thought that it was also good from acts 1 and 2 and most of act 3. My favorite person was Belmonte because I played as him in school and I think that he was like a super hero in the show and in the book. One thing I do wish was that it was in English because there are not a lot of operas in that language. I hope the cast of this show appears in more. Thank you for inviting us.
When the opera first started I was interested in how the set up of the opera was going to be. I really liked how the music from the orchestra went with each event of the show. When the show first started I was interested in how each character would take on their part. My favortie part of the opera was when Pedrillo and Osmin were drinking because it was funny how Pedrillo fooled Osmin when he was always saying he would have his guard up when it came to dealing with Predrillo. The opera was interesting, but when it hit some parts it just lost my attention. But for most parts of the show it had my full attention.
I thought that The Abduction from the Seraligo was okay. It only caught my attention at certain parts. Truthfully, I was more excited readng the book containing what the opera was going to be about than the opera itself. A part that disappointed me in the play was that the audience was told that there was going to be an explosion and that we were told not to scream out and when that explosion came it wasnt even loud enought to make me flinch. Two parts that I did like about the opera were the comedy of Osmin and Pedrillo and the romance that influenced the entire plot.
I thought that the play overall was awesome. It was very entertaining. Two of my favorite characters were Osmin and Bassa Selim. Osmin was very funny when he was drunk. I was mad at him when he caught Belmonte, Konstanze, Blonde, and Pedrillo escaping. It was very nice of Bassa Selim to set the two couples free. I think Bassa Selim could've easily got a wife instead of holding Konstanze captive. The play was terrific and powerfully sung.
I thought The Abduction from the Seraglio was very entertaining. It was filled with a tremendous amount of drama and with a small amount of action. The characters were simply astounding. They clearly have a passion for acting. The orchestra perfomed beautifully, and thanks to their music, the opera was able to begin with suspense.
The Abduction from the Seraglio wasn't pleasant to watch in my opinion. I thought the play was kind of too short, and the only long parts were when the different characters were singing with despair because of recent activities. Furthermore, the opera itself was very different from the booklet we were given. For instance, in the book it tells us that at the end the Pasha Selim captured the run aways, and then it told us how he knew the father of Pedriilo and that he didn't want to be the kind of man he was so he let them go. But, in the opera, they just made the Pasha capture them and let them go without any explanation. In conclusion, I would be delighted to see another opera as long as it's not too short and it captures my attention.
I thought that the play The Abduction from the Seraglio was a fun and entertaining show. I liked how you put the setting in the 1920's. The only thing that I did not like about this was that the settings did not change, but the rest of the show was funny and had interesting acts. I liked how the opera started by having a screen tell you about how it would be back then. This opera was really enjoyable, and it had my full attention. I can't wait to see the next peformance of a another opera there! My favorite role was Konstanze. It was a very delightful time being at the Abduction from the Seraglio.
The character I really liked was Blonde because of her attitude. When I got the book I was surprised about the clothes they wore. The part I really loved about the opera was when Blonde slapped Pedrillo in the face. Belmonte, Constanze, Blonde, and Pedrillo were great actors, but, as I said before, Blonde was my favorite character.
I thought that the opera I saw was the best one I've seen so far. The best part of the opera was Pedrillo, he made the whole opera come to life by he way he was acting. My favorite act was the second one because it started simple and ended funny. My favorite characters were Pedrillo and Blonde because they made the opera exciting, and they acted like it was really happening.
I thought that the play had amazing singing and scences. Even when you walked in you felt the sceanery. Before, I thought some plays were boring. This play was at the start, but after awhile I started to like it.
I started to like the play when Kontanze and Blonde got rescued from Pasha Selim's palace. My favorite part was when Selim let them go because of his great wisdom and experince with troubles.
I thought that the opera "The Abduction" was a very interesting opera that I strongly recommend to those who enjoy drama, romance, and adventure. I liked the orchestra and how great the actors sang. My favorite part was when Blonde slapped Osmin across his face! One thing I noticed was that the acts seemed a tad shorter than I thought it would be.
I liked this because it is a story about a guy trying to save his friends and his love. What I didn't like about it was that it was spoken in German and that the Pasha Selim tried to force Konstanze to marry him, but all around it was a great show. My favorite character is Belmonte because he helped out his friends and his beloved.
I liked this because it was very interesting. I think it was interesting because they were speaking in German and that was a good experience. My favorite character is Belmonte because he was very brave trying to rescue his friends and no matter what he fought his way through to save his true love.
The Abuduction was very great, just as I thought it would be from the book. When I first read the book my favorite character was Osmin because he's a funny character. My favorite part was when Osmin sang that song march! march! march! I liked that part. My funniest part was when the soldier threw a rope on Osmin and pulled him, and then he bowed and then he left. I liked that opera, but it was pretty long (but it was still fun.)
The Abduction was not as great as I thought it would be from the book. When I read over this in the opera magazine, it seemed like one of the greatest things I would ever see. When I actually went to the opera I was left disapointed, simply because the performence left out one of the major parts of the play - when Belmonte told the Pasha who he was.
But other then that, everything was great. They had the right people to play the parts of the characters. I would go see it again.
The thing that I liked most about this opera was how they sang about everything. My very favorite part in the opera was when they kidnapped Blonde and Konstanze and Pedrillo and Belmonte came and saved them from trouble. My 1st favorite character in the opera was Osmin. My 2nd favorite character was Pedrillo. I liked Osmin because he was funny and he was also mean to people. The reason why I liked Pedrillo was because he was a good singer and he was in love with Blonde and it was so cute.
The thing that I didn't like about the opera was that they did not talk in English and I had to keep looking up and down at the words and at their actions.
I was very very happy that at the end they all got together and made a good family.
~Ancy, George Washington HS
-Senior, George Washington High School
There was a song or two that could have been a little shorter, but oh well. I love acting myself, and think that the actors were what made it! Whatever they were, funny, kind, or stern, they made you believe it! So in all, it was awesome!
Before I went to an opera I thought it would be kind of boring. But it wasn't at all! It was interesting, funny, and amazing! All the actors were REALLY good! I especially liked Pedrillo and Blonde, cause they were really funny! I loved the Opera and hope I get to see another one!
Emilie S., Homeschooler
Dominique DiRienzo, grade 9, Archbishop Wood
While at the Abduction, i had the opportunity to exoperience my first opera. Even though it was just a rehearsal, the actors did a great job performing! It was really romantic and funny. It was GREAT!!