Skip to main content

Your L'enfant-Schicchi Reviews

Click here to download study guideSounds of LearningTM
Ravel's L'enfant et les sortilèges and
Puccini's Gianni Schicchi
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 6:15 p.m.

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of LearningTM program saw the final dress rehearsal of Ravel's enchanting L'enfant et les sortilèges and Puccini's wickedly comic, Gianni Schicchi, on Wednesday, April 22nd.

The operas are both comedic and teach great lessons about morality and love. The production for L'enfant is whimsical and filled with monumental projections, while Gianni Schicchi, could have stepped out of a 1920s art-deco painting.

Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera and why? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the projections, costumes and sets? Your review should be at least 50 words or more.

Please include your first name, school and grade in your post.


Click here if you want to learn more about these operas, the singers in the production, and more!

JOIN OUR OPERA EMAIL LIST!
Email education@operaphila.org and we'll deliver free opera right into your inbox once a week. Each week there will be a youtube "Clip of the Week" and a great opera-related website to check out. If you like opera, this is the place to be!

Comments

Mr. Fields/Anne Frank said…
Last night's performances of L'Enfant/Schicchi were wonderful. The highlight of the night for me was Ms. Perez's performance of O Mio Babbino Caro. It was quite moving! I also thought use of dance throughout L'Enfant was a very creative means of interpreting the story line. My students seemed to really connect with Gianni Schicchi. Even though they knew the final outcome, they still seemed to be drawn in by the suspense. Unfortunately, we could view the videos in class since our district blocks the site from which the clips were download. Consequently, our students were both eager and pleased to see the story played out on stage. Bravo to all!
Anonymous said…
I liked the second part of the opera better because in the first part, the screen in the back wasn't synced up with the actors and it wasn't as fun. I liked how the dead body in Schicchi was a real person, and how it was much more real. Schicchi was also better because it made more use of the props than L'enfant, which made more use of the screen in the back.

Thanks for giving us such great seats!

Ben, Ferry Homeschool, grade 6
Ms. Rubinlicht/Keith Valley said…
Thanks for a great time last night. My students really enjoyed seeing Gianni Schicchi and L'Enfant. I wish I had more time in school to prepare the students with the music/plot so they connect better, but they LOVED it. Thanks!
Mrs. May/Keith Valley said…
The performances last night were great. This program really made it possible for our students to connect with the Operatic arts. WONDERFUL...
Anonymous said…
Overall, I enjoyed it very much. At the class we took in advance we watched a video of the first opera that had more dancing, more props, and more costumes and I liked that better. I thought I would like L'enfant better, but I was happily mistaken and liked Gianni Schicchi much better. I would definitely like to go again next year. I had a lot of fun this year. Thank you very much for letting us come.

Courtlyn, Ferry Homeschool, Grade 8
Codi Conley said…
I liked both operas. IN L'Enfant I liked when the when the boy healed the squirrel. In Schicchi, I really liked that Schicci tricked everyone.
Codi Conley, Ferry Homeschool, Grade 7
Tara Conley said…
I thought both operas were wonderful.
Both operas kept our group mesmerized. It is a great experience to be able to come and enjoy the opera with the sounds of learning program. All of the actors were fantastic. I loved the cats from L'Enfant. Schicchi was very funny. Great night overall. Thanks to all of you that make it possible!
Tara Conley, Ferry Homeschool, chaperone
Anonymous said…
I liked both of the operas. I liked L'enfant because I could relate to the child not wanting to do homework, and I liked Schicchi because it was realistic. The projections for L'enfant were okay, but I liked the Schicchi projections better because they were more realistic. I liked the costumes for L'enfant better because they were more vibrant and stood out more, the Schicchi costumes were more dull and casual. My favorite character is probably the boy from L'enfant because of his change in attitude from the beginning to the end. I liked the sets on both of them, but when the curtains opened for Schicchi I was blinded.


Thanks so much for the great seats! We got a really good view!

Katie, Ferry Homeschool, grade 5
Anonymous said…
Last night was my first time going to an opera, and I was blown away! The singing was beyond amazing, and each singer also had great stage presence. I especially enjoyed th frog scene in L'Enfant because the dancing was so creative and new. I also enjoyed the story of Gianni Schicchi. What a great opportunity to be able to see an opera like these, and I hope I can come back to see another opera.

Christopher, Ferry Homeschool, grade 6
Anonymous said…
I thought it was really awesome getting to see two smaller operas. I didn't like the screens as much in the first one. A lot of stuff seemed rushed, and the "boy" wasn't really writing on the chalkboard as quickly as the chalkboard was "writing". I did like the dancing, but I thought some of it was a little off. I also thought the costumes for the cats & the squirrel should have been a little different. The squirrels tail was cool, but the sneakers were a definite throw off, and I didn't think the army pants made good use of costume opportunities. I felt the same way with the cats. I would have liked to see something that made them look more like cats. Perhaps the obvious,ears and a tail. The rest of the cats costumes were creative enough, but I just felt that it left too much to the imagination. I did think the actual dancing done by the cats was pretty cool though. Even if it was suggestive, it still made for great dancing. Likewise the squirrel was believable, but I think I would have been more drawn to him if he had worn a different costume. I expected it to be more like the one pictured in our workbook, so maybe that's why it was more disappointing for me. All that aside, the performance itself was enjoyable to watch.
Schicchi,on the other hand, was perfect. I laughed so many times. The costumes were great, and I loved the set. The neon frames made it look so neat. All of the characters seemed real to me. It didn't matter that I couldn't understand what they were singing when I wasn't looking at the English translation board because just watching it I could follow what was going on.
I had a great night and I'm looking forward to going again!
Keith T., Ferry Homeschool, Grade 9
Anonymous said…
The opera was wonderful . The orchestra played many beautiful selections that went with the opera . For the opera to be a live rehearsal i was very impressed . I can tell the performers devoted a lot of time to practice .
Jazmine Champ
Hill-Freedman
8th grade
Anonymous said…
Kayla Adens at Hillfreedman
I really enjoyed the first half of the opera. Lenfant music and theme of the opera made me feel like i was apart of the opera. When the materailistic objects came to life. i believed that the impossible was possible.
Anonymous said…
Hill-Freedman, The first one was good. The second one was was very wonderful. It was well put together. I loved the plot.
Fareed said…
I really liked Schicchi and L'enfant. I liked Schicchi more than L'enfant. L'enfant didn't catch my attention. I didn't like the math part of L'enfant. Schicchi was better to me because it was funnier, and the guy who played as the dead man took all the stuff. I wonder what they did with the original man who died. The singers, and actors were great. I hope to see another opera again.
Fareed
Hill-Freedman
7th grade
Essence said…
the whole experience was amazing. i loved every minute of it!
-Essence
Hill-freedman middle school
Anonymous said…
Hill-Freedman, Melisa Nelson, grade 8 : The operas were great. I wish I could be there on opening night. They were well put together.
Allante Bateman/Hill-Freedman Middle School/8th Grade said…
In general I fell in love both performances. L'Enfant the set and props couldn't possibly get any better than they already are. Gianni Schicchi I adored the plot and the way the singers portrayed it.
Anonymous said…
Tracey_Hill-freedman

The opera was very good. I really enjoyed the first half when the objects came to life and the second half really showed how some people are slick and cruel. I was very privailaged to be able to attend another opera i really enjoyed myself and would love attend more in the future.
Anonymous said…
Shakirah- Hill-Freedman- 7th
The performance of L'Enfant-Schicchi was great! I really enjoyed the first act because i can actually relate to it. I liked the second act because it was funny.
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed the play i especially liked the part when the clock and teapot and fire came to life i thought it was magnificent best opera i've ever seen and i have been to a few the second opera was also fantastic i loved every minute of it but the end was completely unexpected i liked it though

-Portia Carpenter-Hill-freedman-8th grader
Anonymous said…
I really appreciated the two performances that i saw. I really enjoyed the orchestra and the scenery. They dancing was phenomenal and the singing was beautiful.
Dominique Jones
Hill-Freedman
8th Grade
Anonymous said…
L'enfant-Schicchi was my favorite opera ever!!
L'enfant was silly and fun and making a connection to that opera was easy ; ) Their use of technology in the play was interesting and cool.

Schicchi had me laughing the whole time.
the characters all had their own personality but
all had the same desire. . . money!
The Schicchi character was hilarious.
At then end when Schicchi took most of the family's money it was sneaky and slick. Most everyone was laughing.
I would definitely would see the opera again if I could : )

Ricki White
Hill-Freedman
8th grade\
4/25/09
Anonymous said…
My favorite part was at the end of Gianni Schicchi when he stole all the money, mill,and the house.
The music soothed me. My favorite character was the clock in L'Enfant.

Thanks for the tickets, bus,and books.

Charles J.
AMY School
6th grade
Beebo said…
I've been to a few Operas, and it's always exciting to see the sets and costumes. L'Enfant and Schicchi were no different. I enjoyed seeing the differences between the two. They were very almost opposite of each other, but I enjoyed them both. While Schicchi was more relistic, L'Enfant was more whimsical I guess you could say. For me, it portrayed the boys imaginative mind, which I thought was captured well. The performance had you disliking the child in the beginning, and by the end, you felt sorry for him.
It was neat to go from projection set, to prop set. To see how the performers went from working with the screens with little props, improvising. Which should be given kuddos, since I am sure it's not easy...to full set and objects to portray their characters.
Both were entertaining in their own ways for me. I like the imagination of the projections, but of course full sets are always fun to watch.
I also liked seeing the transformation of the performer who played the boy in L'Enfant, go to the stylish woman in Schicchi. They were completely different characters, but both were played out great in my opinion.
The seating was the best as well, it was great to be so close.

Brittany, Ferry Homeschool, chaperone
Anonymous said…
Good morning!
I really enjoyed the experience going to see L'Enfant and Gianni Schicchi. It was an honor to see great singers perform such an amazing operas. Their efforts put together made the opera story seem so real.

Thank you for giving me such a wonderful experience.

Kiara.Z
7th grade
AMY School at James Martin
Anonymous said…
The opera that I went to see at the Academy of Music was great. The music that they presented at the opera was beautiful. This is my second opera. It is made me more interested in seeing more operas than my interest from before. I really enjoyed seeing the opera and I’m looking forward to seeing another one.

Lessandra V.
AMY SCHOOL
7th grade
Anonymous said…
I really enjoyed both operas, but Gianni Schicchi was my favorite. L'Enfant had the better costumes but I didn't like the screen in the background. I prefered the realistic setting of Schicchi. The music of both stories was wonderful. O Mio Babbino Caro was my favorite song of the night.
I look forward to attending many more operas. Thank you for this great opportunity!

Jen, Grade 6, Ferry Homeschool
GRIFFIN said…
I thought that Gianni Schicchi was a better opera because there were more props, less projector screen, and it was easier to follow. L'enfant was not my favorite because I think they used too much projector screen.

-Griffin
Waldorf School of Philadelphia
roman said…
roman fiorella from the waldorf school of philadelphia.I enjoyed the performance of L'enfant and Gianni Schicci.I liked Gianni Schicchi better because for me the story was easier to follow.I also liked how they did not use the projection screen because in the other opera the projection screen made the opera hard to follow.Thanks for the awsome seats!!!!!!!! -Roman
$$$$aM said…
The preformances were very good. I thought that L'enfant could have used less projection, and that they could have made it more understandable. Everything seemed rather hurried n L'enfant, and it was hard to keep up with what was going on, whereas in Gianni Schicchi, it was easier to follow. I also liked how in Gianni Schicchi they used more props. All in all, I think they were both good, but I prefered Gianni Schicchi, and that was partially because it had a better plot and was easier to understand, but also because it had more interesting music.
Sam, Grade 6. Waldorf School of Philadelphia.
Diana/Anne Frank said…
Well,I...I...couldn't beleive how marvelous both operas were.But the L'Enfant opera was not as good as Schicci.I thought the costumes in L'Enfant wouid of been better.Sometimes I didn't know who was who and/or who was speaking.Also I had a question during the boxing tea pot(I think that was what he was)and tea cup.Why was the tea pot speaking in english?Well,anyway.From what I heard from the audience,the part with the cats was a little inappropriate for the children.The garden part was the most confusing for me.Still the singing was AWESOME!!!

I loved Schicchi because the people played people which made it easier to understand the opera.Also it was very humerous when the screen said,"Who would of thought that someone would actually be crying at Bueso's death."But the most important reason I liked Schicchi was because of the song Leuretta sang.She had a WONDERFUL voice and I still can't get that song out of my head.
Oleey Mitchell said…
I found Gianni Schicchi better. It had more of a story to tell. But both of them were great! Thanks for the seats! ~Oleey Mitchell, Waldorf School of Philadelphia, 6th Grade
Anonymous said…
I thought both of the operas were nice, though I preferred Schicchi over L'Efant. I thought the technology in L'Efant took away from the actual performance, and the plot got lost. I liked Gianni Schicchi better because it was more believable and more fun to watch.
Thank you for the wonderful seats. The performers did a wonderful job! Thanks again,

Sarah
WSP
7th Grade
Anonymous said…
On April 22, 2009 I went to see the L'enfant and Schicci Opera's. I enjoyed the experience of being in the Academy of Music, it was very nice inside. I thought the actors were really good, and projected their voices well. But I did like the second Opera better than the first, because I thought using a big screen in the back as your background and props were a little to high tech for a opera. The screen kind of took away from the opera in my opinion. Though I admit I was very tired that night and the calming music almost feel me to sleep. So I was not the most "awake" one in the theater. But i thought the actors did very well, and i enjoyed the experience! Also, the seats were nice, we were up on the third balcony. Thanks for letting us come to the opera!

Cliff, Waldorf School of Philadelphia, Grade 7
Anonymous said…
I think it was good over all. However, the cat scene should have been kept just to the mewing. Also, I think there should have been more actors instead of using a projection screen. I think there should have been the blue dogs and the purple sheep, either on the projection screen or done with props or actors. The shepherds and shepherdesses should not have been just profiles.
Thanks for the opportunity of seeing the operas.
Tristan, 7th grade, Waldorf School of Phila
Anonymous said…
I thought that the performances were both really good. However I did prefer Gianni Schicci over L'enfant. I thought that L'enfant was harder to follow and the Technological part of it took away from the actual singing. I thought that Schicci was better also because it was more about the actors and the singing, then about the screen. Both performances projected their voices really well and it was fun to watch.
-Thanks so much for the great seats!

Audrey, 7th grade, Waldorf School of Philadelphia
Valentina/Anne Frank said…
Well lets see .I loved it. I think Schicchi was way better. I actually understood it.L'enfant was okay but I think the costumes could be way better. Another thing to say is in L'enfant the cat part was inappropriate for children. The garden was the most confusing part. Anyway the opera was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Olga/Anne Frank said…
I enjoyed both operas very much!. The characters told a great story by singing,and it was easy to understand because of the translations.The music very well supported the story.i loved Gianni Schicci because of the drama, it was very realistic,and old fashioned, a great comedy as well.I loved the song that Lauretta performed. L,Enfant was more for children, but it was great to see the furniture come to life.I know the actors put a lot of work into the operas ,and they deserve a big round of applause.
Meira said…
I thought that the opera itself was nice but the set really took away from it.I couldnt really follow what was going on in L'Enfant.The projector screen made it especially hard to follow.Gianni Schicchi was funny and,in my opinion,much better.Thanks for the great seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
I loved the first opera, L'Enfant. It was so creative. I didn't like the second opera, Gianni Schicchi as much as the first. It was not the type of story I prefer. But, I had a great time, and now I love the opera.

Rachael, Ferry Homeschool, grade 5
Anonymous said…
I loved both of the performances. L'Enfant had an amazing stage. It was easy to visually follow along with the story without understanding French or reading the subtitles. Gianni Schicchi was just fantastic. The singing was some of the finest I have ever heard, and the acting was impeccable. The kids in our group couldn't stop talking about the two operas the entire ride home. They loved both operas for such varied reasons, it was wonderful to discuss it with them and see their points of view. These were the first operas I have ever attended and they have made me a lifelong fan. Thank you for this opportunity!

Jeanette, Ferry Homeschool Chaperone
Anonymous said…
Both operas were great! I loved the music and dancing from L'Enfant and the set's and costumes from Gianni Schicchi were great. The performances in both operas were awesome as well. Though L'Enfant was good, I thought Gianni Schicchi was better. I really liked the plot and I thought it was very funny. All in all, it was a great night.

Brighton, Ferry Homeschooling, grade 12
Anonymous said…
I overall really disliked the whole thing. It was dull and I would perfer spending a good evening at home with my family. The reason why it was so awful was for the first act, it showed that the opera house would rather put up screen to show characters and not give people costumes.It became confusing and i could bearly understand who was singing. The sub titles at the top were not synced with the singing so I could only understand half of what they said. On top of that, the plot was hazy and random.

Now on to the the seconed one. It had an Ok plot and the backround was not overused. I felt though, that there were random unneeded parts and stage looked like a techno dance club.

Thats all I really had to say, and i think i got my point across.

- Tessa, 7th Grade, W.S.P.
Anna said…
The first perfomance was hard to understand.If i had not known what the opra was about i would not have gotten the whole storey.It was very hard to follow and they used the projection screen way to much.

The second opra was much better.It was easier to follow.They also used the screen much less which was good.All in all the second opra was much better then the first.

Anna, 6th grade.
Waldorf School of Philadelphia
Anonymous said…
I really liked both of th eoperas, but I wish we hadlower seets. My favorite character in the first one was the boy. I realy liked the costumes and sets. They were realy bright and colorful. The screen took away from it though I realy like the number singers in the first ones. The costumes in Gianni Schicchi were not as interesting because there was a lot of black. I know someone just died, but they were still really boring. The cats were really weird. Mariah, 6th grade, Waldorf School of Philadelphia
Anonymous said…
I did not enjoy the first opera because I thought that the huge, collossle video screen in the back of the stage took away from the beauty of the opera performance. I think that the fight sceen with the wild, mad animals could have been crazier and with more movement, rather than having the animals just stand around and chant. I liked the 2nd opera (Gianni Schicchi) because it made a lot more sense than the first and it was funny and it was very entertaining. The costumes were weird in the first but were good in the 2nd.

Sam W. Waldorf School of Philadelphia
Arianna said…
I really enjoyed both opera's. The plays were both cool and very funny. It was wonderful to watch such great permances. I liked when the cats came out in the fist play.In the second play I laughed when the one guy was changing into his PJ's.
Arianna Williams, Ferry School, 6 grade
Keyra said…
The two operas were excellent and I can't wait to be able to go next year! I liked when the boy healed the squirrel and I enjoyed when the cats came out and meowed. In the second play I was excited to find that the couple were able to stay together and get married.
Keyra Williams, Ferry Homeschool, 7 grade
Bryce said…
I had a great time watching both plays. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the experinece because both plays were not in English. Thankfully, because we had gone over the plays and what they were about before hand I was really about to enjoy both of the plays. I enjoyed the great performances, costumes and awesome stories.
Thanks!
Bryce Williams, Ferry Homeschool, 7th grade
Meghan said…
Meghan - 10th grade - Ferry Homeschool


I enjoyed both operas very much. The background images and set for L'Enfant was an excellent idea an although they may not have worked well for other shows, this idea worked very well with this particular opera.

Gianni Schicchi is my absolute favorite opera, I'm overjoyed that I was able to attend. The actors and actresses did an amazing job and perfectly fitted the right "Italian humor" into the opera. This opera was absolutely beautiful!
Anonymous said…
when i went to the academy of music i enjoyed it. even though I couldn't see much but the little that i saw I enjoyed. My favorite play was Gianni Schicchi. It was funny and outgoing. I enjoyed the voices of the actors sing. The cat scene was the best.They did a little more than just meow. I think L'enfant was a little harder to understand than Gianni Schicchi. But they both were interesting. bravo to all!!!!

Jonay N. 7th Grade James Rhoads School
Anonymous said…
I really liked the second opera, Gianni Schicchi. The first one was kind of corny, especially with the video screens. But the second opera was awesome! I really liked the aria, "O mio babbino caro". It was even better than hearing it on the CD our teacher, Mr. Urban had. It really sounds like a different type of singing than the kind I listen to but it's cool. I see why it takes so much training to be able to do it.

Anthony Lawrence, Meade School - Grade 7
Anonymous said…
This was my third time at the opera and it was great. I thought that because their were 2 operas that it would be too long, but I actually liked it better. My favorite character was Gianni Schicchi. He had a great voice, but he was also very funny. At first I kept on thinking that he was different than the guy my teacher showed us in class, but then I came to like him more. He was a good actor, and singer also. It was fun to laugh out loud with the audience during the funny parts. We usually have to be quiet, but this time it was more fun.

Kahlida Cephas, Meade School 6TH grade
Anonymous said…
Mr. Urban here, of Meade School. I recently read Mr. Fields's comments from Anne Frank school, and I, too, agree that it would be better to use a video sharing system other than youtube, as it is very difficult to access in school. I had to load the clips on my laptop at home, close the lid, and carry my computer to school without closing any windows to view the clips with the kids. (I mention this, here, as the kids and I write our posts because I forgot to include it in the evaluation!)

Thanks!
Anonymous said…
My name is Daechel Wise. My favorite opera was, "Gianni Schicchi." My favorite person was Lauretta. I was excited to hear her sing her famous "aria", and when she did, I couldn't think of anything else. It has inspired me to study to sing with an "operatic" voice.

Daechel Wise from Meade school 7th grade
Anonymous said…
This was my first time at the opera. I know Mr. Urban took kids in the past, but this is my first time in his class. I really wanted to go and had a good time. Mr. Urban said that the L"enfant et les sortileges opera would be like a fantasy, but I didn't really like the video part and I didn't understand it. The other opera was good. It looked dark and mysterious on the stage with all the black and the candels. I felt like I was back in time. The songs were just like the cds we heard in Mr. Urban's class so it was neat to see them actually doing it. I will look forward to going back again some day.

Daniel Currie, Meade 6
Anonymous said…
One thing i noticed was that the words were not the same as the book. I brought the study guide with me and tried to read the words with the opera singers and I noticed that sometimes they were different from the words on the screen. But it was BALLIN! I like the music of the opera better each time we go. In fact, I tried to listen to other types of music like "country music" and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Cathleen Giddings - Meade - GRADE 7
Anonymous said…
antoine mackie
Meade
grade 7

The operas were cool. My favorite was Gianni Schicchi. My favorite actors were Gianni, Lauretta, Zita and Rinuccio. I liked how they worked together on the stage. It was very professional. I like music because it gives me a chance to practice hard and be like a professional. I don't want to be a singer but maybe play "percussion" in the pit orchestra some day.

Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Carmen Blog

WRITE A REVIEW:   Having had the opportunity to see  Carmen  at Opera Philadelphia, tell us what you thought. Be as detailed in your response as possible. Consider using "Wring a Review of the Opera" found of p.51 of your student guide to help organize your thoughts. We will accept all reviews, positive or negative! We simply ask that you thoroughly defend your opinion. In your response consider commenting on the story, the sets, the characters, the music, and more.  With  both options  we ask that you include your:               FIRST NAME:              SCHOOL:              GRADE: You never know, if your blog entry is well written, we may just have to put it on Opera Philadelphia's official blog page. We look forward reading your entry! Happy writing.  ...

Tosca Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Puccini's Tosca on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at the Academy of Music. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera? Why or why not? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? Who was your favorite singer? Which singer had the best and most im pressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and grade in your post. Don't forget to support your opinion! Click here if you want to learn more about these operas, the singers in the production, and more! Messag e from the Production Staff: We want to thank all participating schools for their wonderful behavior during the dress rehearsal! You were the best Co-Producers the Opera Company of Philadelphia has ever seen! A...

Otello Student Reviews

Students in the Opera Company of Philadelphia's Sounds of Learning program saw the final dress rehearsal of Verdi's Otello on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at the Academy of Music. Inspired by Shakespeare, Otello tells the story of a slave who overcomes great obstacles to become a noble general, but is then driven to unspeakable jealousy by a scheming, envious officer in his army. Passion, political intrigue and a fatal flaw are at the center of this intense musical drama that stands at the pinnacle of grand opera experiences. Now that you've studied the opera and seen it, what were your impressions? Tell us what you think and post your reviews here! Did you like the opera and why? Which was your favorite character and why? Did you like the costumes and sets? What did you think of Mark Delavan, who sang Iago from a wheelchair? Who had the best and most impressive singing voice? Your review should be at least 50 words or more. Please include your first name, school and ...